Monday, June 6, 2011

Birthday Post: Happenings & Shopping

This birthday entry is late. Way late. But I have to share it because I had such an amazing birthday!  As I mentioned in a previous post, my H and I went to Austin, Texas

We spent the first day at our hotel, enjoying the pool. I read the entire way to Austin and the entire time at the pool and I finished an incredible book: "A Place of Yes," by Bethenny Frankel. I will do a more in-depth review eventually, but I have to say, it's a must-read.  I learned so much from it and could actually relate to a lot of her experiences, especially with her family.  I highly recommend this book. I actually want to read all of her other books now because she has such a great writing style and is really relateable---she tells it like it is and doesn't apologize for it.
Me, at the pool, reading "A Place of Yes." It was SO hot that day.
Later on that day, we went out for dinner (Mexican food, YUM!) and then we went and saw "The Hangover 2."  It was funny but pretty much the same plot as the first movie, just a different location. I also got some cupcakes from Hey Cupcake! in Austin (which I mentioned in a previous post I wasn't impressed with compared to other cupcakes I have tried).  They were good, but not "OMG I want to eat 10 of them" amazing. The customer service was great though, they even gave me a birthday candle and sang to me!

These are the outfits I wore on the first day of our trip (sorry about the bad lighting!)



Top- American Eagle
Shorts- Abercrombie & Fitch
Sandals- Steve Madden


Top- Hollister
Shorts- Abercrombie & Fitch
Sandals- Steve Madden

The next day, we drove to Lake Austin to stay at my best friend's boyfriend's home on the lake. It was seriously like heaven being there. The house was right on the lake with a massive swimming pool and volley ball court. 


(the view from our room)

We went out on the boat, hung out by the pool and just relaxed.  At night, we went out for dinner to a great place in the Austin hills---they had live music. It was super windy but it was such a fun night with great people!

Candice & I before dinner!

I had the BEST birthday weekend---it was so laid back and relaxing, just what I needed. Monday morning we all had brunch and it was delish!

Because it was Memorial Day weekend, I knew the sales would be crazy, so on the way home from Austin we hit the Domain mall. I didn't find anything I liked there and we decided to stop in at the Outlets on 290 in Cypress to check out their sales too.  Let's just say I scored, big time.
 

Yes my friends, you are looking at two pairs of Kate Spade shoes. Classic black pumps and peep-toes.  Guess how much I paid for them? $77 for BOTH pairs. Total. They were on sale PLUS 40% off. How could I have passed these up? I was so happy, it was definitely birthday luck that they had both pairs in my size!

I also got this awesome hat from Ann Taylor. I have been obsessed with hats lately. I just cannot stop buying them. I paid $20 for this one (it was 40% off as well):

Cute, and it protects your face and scalp from the sun! Sign me up! :)

The last thing I bought was this adorable dress from the Banana Republic outlet.  It was originally $120 and I paid $13.97. I felt like I was stealing!

Oh---and the skinny brown belt? Got it at the J. Crew outlet for $5.  It was a successful shopping trip!

Lastly, for my birthday, I got some more Pandora charms for my bracelet!  They are SO cute!  These are from my mother and father in law.  The new ones are the queen bee, cupcake and tea pot!


Thank you for all of the birthday wishes in my previous post and thank you, as always, for reading.



xoxo,

Veronika.