Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Won & P90X Day 1

I'd like to send a big thank-you hug to Ashley at The Thing about Daisies for her awesome contest package she sent to me in the mail today. It was packaged so sweetly I just had to take a shot of it!

I got a nail file, Sally Hansen HD nail polish in "opulent cloud" and a Burts Bees cuticle conditioner. Thank you so much! I can't wait to use them :) (you know I LOVE nail stuff!) Plus, I was super excited to win a contest because I never win anything!

Speaking of nails (and I know I talked about this in a previous post) but after wearing it for a few days, I am absolutely obsessed with OPI's "Lucky Lucky Lavender." Honestly, it is such a gorgeous color that I don't want to change my nail color for awhile! If you like purple shades, you must make this part of your collection!

I don't have a particular topic to write about today because I am super exhausted after our first P90X session. We did the arms, back and chest video and then a 20 minute ab ripper video. Phew! What a workout. I don't usually work out my upper body intensely very often so this was a good challenge for me.

We also took our "before" pictures tonight. It will be really cool to track and see our progress. I have to admit I was not happy with my backside after seeing these photos. I like how my body looks in clothes, but I definitely need to tone it up and get my body fat down a bit. That's my goal. I don't want to be crazy ripped, just noticeably toned with less body fat.

I hope everyone has an awesome evening! This weekend my goal is to try and use the Flip cam my husband got me for Christmas to film my first video for the blog. I'm not sure what I will do it on, but a lot of people have asked me to show how I do my eyeliner or a makeup collection video or something like that so I have a few ideas to work with. I think I'm scared to put myself out there in videos, but at the same time I know it will enhance a post if I can actually show how I do something. So we will see. If not this weekend, then next weekend.

xoxo,

Veronika.