Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Hair Through the Years: A Look Back...But Happy to be Where I Am

I thought it would be fun to post pictures of my hair color (and lengths) throughout the years. I love the color I have now, which is close to my natural, but it was also fun to try other colors. Looking back at these photos, I realize that the color I have now suits me best (IMO, at least.)

My hair in college (for the first 2 years or so) started off something like this (I had highlights, low lights and that was all my real hair, length wise)


Then came my blonde phase (I wore a lot of extensions during this phase, which explains the varying hair lengths.)






I was quite blonde! Wow. I used to have to get my roots done every 6 weeks or so, it was very high maintenance. Do blondes have more fun? Maybe. I'm not sure. The color is super hard to maintain for a natural brunette though...which kind of isn't that fun. But I digress.

After years of being a blondie, I took the plunge and decided to go darker. I was tired of the time commitment and cost of coloring my hair so often. Not to mention the damage. Oh the damage. This is how it turned out (sorry for the bad webcam pic, it's all I have on this laptop.)

Then, when it faded from that initial "going darker" it was this horrid orange color (I repeat, horrid. I shudder when I see this picture.)

(and BTW yes I am 100% aware that I pose thesamefreakingway in every single photo. I am getting better at that now. But yes, I'm aware, no need to point it out, I know. Trust me, I know.)


Then I went even darker:
I hated it this dark. I felt it didn't do anything for my features. it just washed me out and made me feel pale and gross. I went super dark right before I had my surgery because I thought "I don't want to be the bottle blonde with big boobs." (not that there is anything wrong with that, I was in a transitional period, and I just wanted to have darker hair.)

I soon realized that I wasn't happy with it that dark, even after it had faded a bit. So when I moved to Texas, I decided that I wanted to try and get it back towards my natural color. This is what it ended up like:



So that's what it was like initially when I first colored it after moving to Texas, and I've kept it pretty much the same ever since, but here are some of my most recent photos of my color:

So, after sharing all of these photos I'm feeling pretty nostalgic, hehe. Anyways, I just thought this would be a fun post to do because we all experience so much change in our apperance over the years- whether it's makeup, hair color, personal style etc. I think I've progressed a lot since college (thank goodness!)

Tell me about your hair color through the years! Did you change it a lot or stay pretty much the same since HS/college? Let me know in the comments below :)

Thanks for reading and laughing along with me at what a poser I am. Seriously. I guess that's my "good side."

xoxo,

Veronika.