Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Beautiful Brunettes!

My hair (color, particularly) has been in a state of change since I was old enough to learn about the orange-hair-inducing "Sun-In" (note: I know better now).

From brown with blonde highlights and red lowlights, to dark brown, to almost black to golden blonde to almost platinum, my hair has been through quite the "tress stress."

I loved the brightness that came with being blonde, but the maintenance (and cost!) was so not my style.

Then, I went dark a-la-Adrianna Lima, and what works for her, unfortunately didn't work for me.

I finally came to my senses and decided to attempt to go back to a (somewhat) natural state. I headed to a new salon with a photo of Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio's gorgeous sun-kissed locks and asked that my drab, dark hair be transformed into a mane of superfine, very blended blondeish highlights with a warm medium brown as a base. Perfection.

Now, I maintain my hair by getting a touch up of highs and lows every 4 to 6 months. Yes, you read that right. My colorist is so geninus, and blends the color so seamlessly, that I can get away with months upon months of roots that are hardly noticeable.

The secret is that he uses the natural color in my roots as my "in between" color, adds tiny highlights and then hand-paints on some brown lowlights for a bit of brightness (randomly). Eventually, it all fades and blends into something that looks fairly natural.

With that in mind, here are some of my favorite A-List brunettes:

Cheryl Cole


Kate Beckinsale

SI Model Yesica Toscanini

VS Model Alessandra Ambrosio

Jennifer Love-Hewitt

Cheryl Cole (a bit darker here)

Jennifer Garner

And, there are many more. I think I could probably do an entire blog just about Cheryl Cole's hair and makeup (always stunning). Which Hollywood brunettes inspire your color? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Veronika.