Monday, September 28, 2009

Canadaland Shopping Spree

I am officially back from Canadaland (more specifically, Toronto). I am happy to report that immediately upon deplaning, I headed to Yorkdale mall and had a successful shopping trip (only I would get off of a plane and go straight to the mall when arriving in another country).

Initially, I was a bit disappointed (by H&M for example, where the only item I really loved was a coat I didn't need). My faith was restored however, when I was swept away by some gorgeous ruffly, frilly bras , a beautiful sleep dress, a sexy french teddy and a cozy cable-knit style robe that is as soft as a bunny, and these girly lace panties- all from La Senza (now owned by US mega lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret, which probably explains why La Senza's lingerie has improved in style).

I also got the lovely bag below, from Jacob. I have been searching for a larger clutch with a chain shoulder strap for awhile now, and at 38$ CND, this bag was a true steal. I used it at my cousin's wedding over the weekend and it fit my camera, cell phone and makeup essentials, with room to spare for car keys and a few other items.

I also got a new fall purse from Aldo. I just wanted something simple that did not cost a fortune. I wish I could include a photo, but the website does not have one. It is black and had some gold hardware. Pretty simple. I think it looks more expensive than it is, which is a plus. I always try to purchase bags that
look like they could cost more, but don't.

I also picked up a couple of items from Costa Blanca including a long, black v-neck sweater that looks perfect paired with skinny jeans, and a pretty black flowy top that could be dressed up or down, and would look fab tucked into a pencil skirt.

While I was in town, I also hit up the MAC counter (can't leave a mall without my fix) and I saw the new Dazzleglass Creme lip glosses. It was love at first sight. I plan to pick up "My Favorite Pink." I am also absolutely loving the model they used for their new "Style Black" collection. I've already asked 2 MAC artists which products she has on her lips (a perfect pink, IMO), and neither of them could tell me exactly which lipsticks and glosses were used...so the search continues. I also may get one of the minzeralize eyeshawdows from this collection, called "Cinderfella," a black with silver shimmer that can go on sheer, or more metallic when applied over eyeliner. I imagine it would make a gorgeous smokey eye.

As far as clothing goes, the wedding had a gap, so I wore a more conservative outfit to the church, and a fun party dress to the reception.

Church Attire:
Dress: Papaya (the second pic shows the dress when I wore it to another wedding...it has a sort of ruffle/layered look to it)
Cardigan: Jacob
Wrap Sweater: Zara
Shoes: Jessica Simpson collection
Bracelet: Regina B
Bag: Jacob

Reception Attire:
Dress: Papaya (they seriously have some adorable dresses)
Tights: Mini Fishnets- H&M
Bracelet: Regina B
Hair Flower: Forever 21

Something that was fun for me when dressing for this wedding was mixing a ton of textures. It wasn't intentional at all, I just packed extremely lightly and only had so many items to work with. I thought it was fun to mix the frilly pink dress with mini fishnets to amp the outfit up for the evening, and I also loved layering two different sweaters (a cardi and a wrap sweater) for the ceremony, since I didn't bring a jacket. It was layering with a purpose!

More to come this week, and thank you for reading <3

xoxo,

-Veronika