Monday, September 21, 2009

Best Blushes for "Glowing" Skin

Blush is my "can't leave the house without it" product. When I sweep some gorgeous pink blush on my cheeks, I immediately feel fresh, glowing and awake.

As you can imagine from the title of my blog, I absolutely love and adore blush. But not all blushes are created equal- which is why I'd like to share some of my best blush finds. Not surprisingly, my top picks are all bright
pink hues- I find they give the best results in terms of warming up the skin and creating that "glow from within."

My Holy Grail blush is Desire, by LORAC. Yes, it looks shockingly pink in the pot, I know. However, with the proper application technique on just the apples of the cheeks, it offers what many other blushes don't- a gorgeous sheer pink wash of color with a very subtle highlight to it that creates that coveted "glow" that we all desire, no pun intended. It can be purchased at Sephora for $19. It is also the blush featured in the LORAC Blush/Bronzer Duo in "Hot Flash." My love for this blush runs so deep, that I even had my makeup artist use it on my cheeks on my wedding day. I guess you can say I consider it to be my "signature blush."




A more recent blush love affair is with MAC's "Well Dressed." Described as an immaculate pink satin, this blush is the perfect blush for someone who doesn't typically wear blush. The soft pink works beautifully over bronzer or on it's own, and is buildable. I personally wear it over my NARS Laguna Bronzer (another HG!) just on the apples of my cheeks. I use this blush almost daily, and typically reach for Desire for special events and nights out, because it photographs beautifully.

Then, there's NARS Orgasm blush, a classic and very well-know and loved product amongst beauty bloggers. This warm peachy/pink works well on a lot of skintones, which explains its popularity. I don't use Orgasm as much as my other blushes, but I particularly enjoy wearing this blush in the summertime when I've got a great tan going on (I'll blog all about self tanners in an upcoming blog.)


A recent purchase and pleasant surprise was MAC's "Porcelain Pink" Mineralize SkinFinish. It is a gorgeous shimmery (not glittery, thank goodness) mineral powder that works as a highlighter and as a blush for the evening. I like to use it in the evening to highlight cheekbones, and during the day to brighten the inner corners of my eyes. It is not an "everyday" product, but gorgeous nonetheless.

Other blush favorites are MAC's "Fleur Power" and "Pink Swoon."

Blushes currently on my shopping list are "Desire" by NARS (which appears to be a more matte version of LORAC's), MAC's "DollyMix" and Benefit's "Corralista."

What are your favorite blushes? Leave me a comment and let me know!