Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Olivia Palermo from "The City" Hair & Makeup Inspiration

I've admired Olivia Palermo since the first season of "The City" for her great sense of style, gorgeous hair and flawless makeup. Polished is the best word I can use to describe her. My jaw dropped at the gorgeousness of the outfit she wore when she first went to the Elle magazine offices on last night's season 2 premiere- stunning. Sporting sun-kissed locks this season, she continues to have hair I think a lot of women wish they had. I'd love to know how she styles it- it has just the right amount of volume, toussle and bounce to it. The curls are defined, but not fussy. I also wonder if she has extensions, since her hair seems too good to be true (especially after going lighter, which typically causes damage). Someone told me the other day that my makeup reminds them of the way Olivia wears hers. While I certainly don't think I look even close to as polished as she does, I realized that we do wear makeup in a similar way. Perhaps that is why I am so drawn to her "look." She seems to line her eyes with dark brown liner (like I do- I use MAC fluidline gel liner in "Dipdown") and she always has bronzed skin with pink blush on her cheeks and soft, pink lips. I love certain celebritiy makeup looks because they remind me of the colors I like to use and the looks I try to achieve. I even used a gorgeous photo of Hayden Panitierre that I ripped out of a celebrity weekly to show my wedding makeup artist, and she replicated the look for me (the one below is smilar to, but not the exact photo I used).
Kate Beckinsale's makeup always impresses me. She looks so fresh and her skin always glows, even when she is not super tan. She also seems to be a fan of the dark brown liner and pink, glossy lips. Then then of course, there is my beloved Cheryl Cole, who's makeup (and hair) I covet so much that I am determined to somehow find out which products she uses. I may have to hit up some British tabloids at the bookstore...after all, there must be a UK equivilant of "US Weekly." Rachel Bilson's makeup always looks perfect- and I read somewhere that she usually does it herself! I notice she tends to stick to a more classic look- black or brown lined eyes, soft cheek color and pink lips. Which celebrity's makeup do you always find yourself admiring? I can think of so many more examples, including Rachel McAdams- always stunning no matter how her makeup is done. Leave me a comment and let me know who's makeup style you covet most- and who's reminds you the most of how you do your own makeup.

xoxo,

Veronika