Monday, September 28, 2009

Hair & Makeup: September Wedding

I realized that I completely disregarded discussing the products I used for the "September wedding" look, so this is a follow up post to the post below, because a beauty blog isn't a beauty blog without a breakdown of the makeup and hair that polished off the entire look.

Makeup:

Face:
MAC studio finish concealer (the one in the pot)
MAC Studio Fix powder in C3
NARS "Laguna" Bronzer
LORAC blush in "Desire"

Eyes:

MAC eyeshadows in "Retrospeck"(on the lid) and "Satin Taupe" (crease)
MAC pigment on inner corner of each eye (layered over Anastasia highlighting pencil in "Sand")
MAC Fludiline Gel Liner in "Blacktrack" on the top and "Dipdown" on bottom
Bonne Bell eyeliner in "Black Ink" on waterline
DiorShow waterproof mascara, with CG LashBlash mascara layered over it
Anastasia brow pencil in "brunette" to fill in brows

Lips:
MAC Dazzleglass in "Baby Sparks" layered over Sephora #15 lipgloss (a gorgeous, perfect pink)

Hair:

To style my hair, I washed with volumizing shampoo, applied Garnier Fructis XXL volume thickening mousse to my roots, and Morrocanoil (love) on my ends. I blowdried with a round brush (just the top and crown- I let the underneat part dry naturally) and put velcro rollers in to set the shape of my hair and give lasting volume. I ended up sleeping in the rollers (hard to picture, but not uncomfortable at all).

I woke up, gently removed the rollers and applied my makeup. Then I used my 1" CHI ceramic flatiron to make soft waves in my hair (away from the face). I decided to wear extensions for this occasion and used a 1 1/2 inch curling iron to curl the extensions. This gave the hair pretty good texture since the two types of curls were a bit different.

I complete the look with some soft-hold hairspray and a clip-in hair flower on the side of my hair.

xoxo,
Veronika.