Blog Archive

Friday, September 24, 2010

Celeb Makeup Artist Napoleon Perdis Did My Makeup & Several OOTD's

Happy Friday lovely readers! As many of you have seen by now, my new template is up! I am so excited about my blog's new look! Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment here and on formspring and also to those who emailed me about the new look! You ladies made my day *big smiles!*

I just got back from an awesome Pilates class and had a healthy dinner from Zoe's Kitchen so I'm feeling great!  I love working out on Friday evenings. It gets me even more pumped for the weekend and it's a nice way to unwind after a long week.



I have a lot of catching up to do this week so I'll try to make this post a long one.  I had the opportunity to meet and have my makeup done by celebrity makeup artist Napoleon Perdis on Thursday!  What a fun experience :)  Palais Royal in Cinco Ranch was launching their new "Beauty Bar" featuring Napoleon's new makeup line NP Set, and many others and he made an appearance in the store. Some of the other lines included Crabtree & Evelyn, Juice Organics, Kiss My Face, Burt's Bees, Emani Minerals and Bremenn.


I interviewed Mr. Perdis about beauty tips and tricks and you can read that article when it's published on CultureMap.  I will be sure to post the link when it's up!  In the meantime, here are some photos from the event:



Napoleon did my makeup over my existing makeup but I think it looks great! He did everything so quickly I was amazed!  I don't have someone else do my makeup very often and when I feel all of the brushes all over my face I always convince myself that I will look in the mirror and be horrified...but in talented and quick hands, that couldn't be further from the truth! 

I must admit it felt really exciting to have my makeup done by someone who's done makeup for Hilary Duff, Leighton Meester, Evangeline Lily and many other celebs! You can buy his new line, NP Set at select Palais Royal stores and online on the NP Set website. The products retail from about $12.95 to $32.00.  My fave picks were the blush/highlighter duo, the eye liners and the eye shadow trios.

I know I've been slacking on OOTD posts lately...but that's because I never had time to post them individually so I'll post them here all at once.  I was able to do some with the tripod and some days I was in such a rush I just took them in the mirror.  Here we go!


Top- Forever 21
Skirt- BCBG
Cardigan- Express
Belt- J.Crew
Shoes- Jessica Simpson






Blouse- Tucker for Target
Skirt- Target
Belt- J.Crew
Shoes- Jessica Simpson
Necklace- Forever 21









Shirt- Forever 21
Necklace- Forever 21
Skirt- Banana Republic
Shoes- Jessica Simpson
Bag- MbMJ




Top- Forever 21
Skirt- Ann Taylor
Necklace- Forever 21
Shoes- Calvin Klein


Phew!  That's a lot of outfits!  Thanks for taking the time to read this long post!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  H and I are going indoor rock-climbing tomorrow! So excited (I've never done it before). Any fun weekend plans?

xoxo,
Veronika.

PS- for the Texas girls:
Jessica Simpson stops by Dillards in Baybrook Mall 1-4 p.m. Saturday to meet fans and sign autographs. Any $50 Jessica Simpson Collection purchase qualifies fans to meet Jessica, receive a personalized autograph and gift bag including a "Layer Me" T-shirt from the new collection and a sample of Jessica's latest fragrance, Fancy Nights, while supplies last. Also, one lucky fan will receive the chance of a lifetime to "Get Styled by Jessica", winning a Jessica Simpson Collection wardrobe hand-picked and presented by Jessica herself!

Source: Shop Girl on the Houston Chronicle website