Blog Archive

Friday, January 15, 2010

An Apology

It has come to my attention that some of my readers found it offensive that I posted about the crisis in Haiti in the same post as the "vacation beauty prep."

My intention was never to offend anyone, but to simply bring to light the fact that I care about what is happening and that the people of Haiti were in my thoughts and prayers.

I am very sorry if the entry offended you, as it is never my intention to offend anyone who reads this blog. Perhaps having the two entries in the same post was a not well thought-out choice. Normally, I just let the negative comments slide, but I felt I had to address this one because people who know me know that I am committed to helping the community in any way that I can- through my work with non profit organizations, through volunteering and through monetary donations.

With that said, I also want to touch on the fact that the charities people choose to donate to are a personal choice and no one should ever be made to feel bad for not donating to a certain cause.

Natural disasters require the help of many people to aid in recovery efforts. Galvestonians in my state are still recovering from Hurricane Ike, even over a year later.

I was very saddened to see the suffering of the people in Haiti. My husband and I chose to make our donation today through The American Red Cross. If you'd like to do so, I encourage you to check out their website.

Thank you for reading,

xoxo,

Veronika.