Blog Archive

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Haul: Bows, Sparkles and the Gorgeous Jacket I Had to Have

Today, my husband and I went shopping for some new work clothes (for him) because he just got a new job! (yay yay yay times infinity!) I am so happy for him and proud of him.

I also picked up a few items for myself (which I'm sure isn't surprising.)

Let's begin:
This tee from Forever 21 was just irresistible. I know it is a little bit holiday-esque, but you know I can't resist a sparkly bow. The shoulders have a tiny bit of padding in them, and it actually makes the shirt look very flattering when on.

This jacket from White House Black Market had me at hello. I was walking out of the store after trying on a zebra print bikini top (I know, I know)...and I immediately fell in love with this lovely jacket laying on one of the tables. I stared at it longingly, and was too scared to look at the price tag, as some of WHBM's jackets can often cost more than $200. I nearly squeeled when I saw it was $98. Which is still a lot...but but but...I don't own even one "suit" style jacket (well, I own one, from Zara and I hate the way it fits.) This jacket will be a staple and just looks oh-so- good on. I can just picture it with some pearls...oh pearls.

Onto the details:
Ugh. So so good. We just belonged together. I will definitely have to do an OOTD post when I wear this. I got a size small, for reference.
This lovely military-inspired sweater from Forever 21 is another one of my favorite purchases. I saw it on the "return" rack area when I was leaving the fitting room and quickly tried it on. It looks incredible on, and I had to have it. The ruffles at the neck and hips just make it so feminine. It really is an incredible piece and feels well made. It cost $24.50 and I got a medium.

And because a shopping haul is never quite complete without some rosettes I also picked up this lovely rosette adorned top at Forever 21. I want to say it was $15.50 or $17.50. I like to layer these kinds of tees under simple cardigans to give the look a little some extra.

With my sunny vacation on mind, I picked up this pretty cotton dress from Victoria's Secret PINK, on sale for $19.95. It is actually quite long (most of their "dresses" are shirts on me.) I really love the bust detail. It makes the dress feel more special. I plan to wear it as a beach cover-up and with heels it could even look cute to wear to dinner.

Here is the bust, up-close:

I might be a little obsessed with zebra-print...so I also got this VS PINK tee (on sale.) I think it's a cute weekend tee and gym shirt:

It's supposed to fit loose and off-the-shoulder, but I got an XS because I liked how it looked better when it was more fitted. It was on sale for $12.99.

My zebra love continued when I went to Old Navy to pick up 2/$5 flip flops for our trip. I also got a pair of black ones with a slightly metallic finish:

Earlier this week, Chloe posted about these gorgeousValentino Couture Half D'orsay Bow Pumps.

I fell in love with them, but not with the price tag. You can see the ones she got here.

While browsing at DSW today, I stumbled upon these Me Too brand shoes that are somewhat similar to the Valentinos. I had a $20 off coupon so they came to $37.50. They are very very cute! If you are near the Galleria store here in Houston, they still have a lot of them left...mostly in sizes 7-9 and hald sizes, if I remember correctly.

(I forgot to take out the foamy things that keep the bow shape in the shoes.)

Yes, that is a *new* zebra print pillow. My husband thinks I buy too many pillows (and decorative boxes, as I mentioned in a previous post.) I got the pillow at Target last week, and when I came home with it my husband gave me his "I can't believe you bought another couch pillow you crazy woman" face. I promptly added it to the couch, and took two current couch pillows to the guest room (they matched perfectly.) That way, I wasn't adding more...I actually left our couches with less pillows (now that's quick thinkin'!)

Okay, this is totally gross, but because of the cold weather, my knuckles on both hands are cracking and bleeding because they are so dry. I despise hand lotion, so my options are limited. I've been using Eucerin cream at night, but it's not working. So I went to the Body Shop and picked up some of their HEMP hand cream. Hopefully it will make things better:

I am also happy to announce that today, I purchased some dress pants from Express. The reason I'm happy to announce it, is because today I bought a size 4 dress pant. I already have a pair of Editor's in a size 6...because that's all that ever fits me because of my hips. Today, I was able to buy a 4. It just proves that the way your clothes fit will show you the results of you fitness routine...because when I look at myself in the mirror, I am so critical, so I don't always see the changes as much. It was an exciting moment. Maybe it's just that style or something, but I was proud.

PSA: Marshall's Home Store has amazing and inexpensive yoga/pilates mats. I picked up one to take with my to the studio (they provide them, but I prefer to have my own) and I also got a thicker mat to use in my downstairs bedroom which I am going to use as a home gym (to do my workout videos.)

Here are the ones I got:
Did you buy anything this weekend? Let me know in the comments below. Also- have you been working out this year? How do you measure your results? Is it by how your clothes fit, how much you weigh, how you feel? Please do share!

Thank you for reading, and happy Sunday!

xoxo,

Veronika.