Blog Archive

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Quick Pre-Vacation Update: Vaycay Beauty Rituals

I am going to the Dominican Republic on Sunday on our honeymoon and for my good friend's wedding. Kind of bittersweet considering what's happened in Haiti. Very sad to see all of those images in the news and to think about all of those people. If you pray, I encourage you to pray for this nation and its people.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I totally PREP for a beach vacation. I order new bathing suits, dresses, sandals etc. I love wearing a different bikini every day.


However, the most important prep is my beauty prep. I have let myself get super pale and have been exfoliating like crazy to get my skin prepped and ready...for a professional airbrush tan!
I can't imagine arriving in the DR like a ghost, so I am going to get a lovely glow via airbrush. I go to a girl here in Houston in the Galleria area who does an amazing job for $35. Email me if you'd like her info. Considering most places charge 50-100$, I'd say 35$ is a DEAL.

Please make me glow-y like Brooklyn Decker.

Then on Saturday after taking my final pre-vaycay pilates session, (I've gone everyday this week except for Tuesday, when I did cardio and a workout video) I am going for the brazilian.

Yep. For anyone who has done this before- you know the (slight) pain, but you also know the results are worth it. The place I go to (European Wax Center) has great prices and it actually hardly hurts at all. I truly don't feel pain because they use this special beeswax stuff (it's blue.) Apparently it only grabs the hairs and not the skin.


Saturday is also my mani/pedi appointment. I have a confession: my toes are disgusting right now. Like literally patchy Lincon Park After Dark polish chipped all over the place. I am like utterly embarassed when I have to take my shoes off at pilates only to reveal my gross toes.

Truth is, I was trying to save money by doing at-home pedicures, and I have gotten lazy since I'm always wearing tights. I badly need this professional pedicure. Oh so badly. I would take a pic of how bad they are, but no one needs to see that.

Do you do your own nails or do you always get them done professionally?


I am also going to try to do a seperate vacation packing post. I really hope I'll have time to do it tomorrow night. I'm going to show pretty much everything I'm bringing, and also discuss my packing strategy...because I have one...because I'm an organization, type-A freak and I need to pack a certain way.

How do YOU prep for a vacation? Any special rituals or beauty treatments?

I would say the spray tan, wax and mani/pedi are pretty standard (not to mention the MONTHS of working out to look cute in a bikini!)


Let me know in the comments below!


xoxo,


Veronika.


PS- Yes, my luggage is HOT PINK!