Blog Archive

Monday, January 4, 2010

Jersey Shore's "Snooki" says Eyeliner, Bronzer, are Most Prized Possessions

Last night, they Jersey Shore's "Snooki" was on Jay Leno, and when he asked her what her most prized possession was she said "bronzer and eyeliner."

You can watch the video here (warning: it's bad, as in "I sincerely hope this is all a hoax and she's acting" kind of bad.)

Though "Jersey Shore" is the trashiest train-wreck on television and her interview on Leno was embarrassingly awful, I must say when she said "bronzer and eyeliner" I was nodding in agreement.

Those are definitely in my top 3 products (with the third being MAC Studio Fix powder.) I seriously can't even imagine leaving my house without a little eyeliner and bronzer. As pathetic as some people may think that is, I really just don't feel secure and put together without it. I follow the same makeup routine each morning (I alternate blush and eyeliner colors) and my routine makes me feel confident and ready to take on the day, so I don't see the harm in it.

Some of you may have heard me mention this before, but I think I look so young and unfinished without eyeliner. I am literally addicted to it. I don't remember the last time I didn't wear it in some capacity.

Over the years I've switched from pencils to gel liners. I currently use MAC's fluidline gel liners in "dipdown" (a dark warm brown) and "blacktrack" (black.) They are both incredible and have amazing staying power.

This weekend, I was at Neiman Marcus and became seduced by Bobbi Brown's shimmering gel liners. I bought one called "black mauve," and I love it. The shimmer/metallic-ness is hard to detect, and it goes on as a very dark brown with a purple/greyish tinge to it. I love it. It's a nice change from my day to day dark brown ("dipdown.") I only use "blacktrack" for the evening, as black can look a little harsh during the day if you line the top and bottom like I do.

I should mention that I use a flat brush to apply MAC's "brun" eyeshadow on my bottom lash line. I used to use the gel liner, but it started to feel too severe for the day. I am trying to get over my eyeliner addiction, so softening up the lines made me a little more comfortable with less.

Now, onto bronzer. Oh the sweet warmth it brings to my skin. I use NARS Laguna which I have raved about so many times you guys are probably over it. In the past, I used Benefit's Hoola bronzer and I loved that one as well (if you are looking for a matte bronzer, this is the one for you.)

I think bronzer does what other products can't. Sure foundation evens out your skin, blush adds color to your cheeks and eyeshadow defines your eyes...but bronzer gives skin a marvelous warmth and energy. I also don't remember the last day I didn't wear bronzer. It is such an essential for me.

So if agreeing with Snooki is wrong, I don't wanna be right ladies. Bronzer and eyeliner are certainly not my most prized possessions in life, but they are my most prized makeup possessions. What are yours? Please share in the comments below.