Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blogging: Our Honeymoon

My lovely readers...I apologize for my lack of posting, but I had an amazing time on our honeymoon/at my friend's gorgeous wedding so I'll make this post sort of a fun, lighthearted vacation wrap-up post.

Before I start, I'll share our finally blogged wedding with my fellow wedding-obsessed readers. Our amazing photographer Craig, at Studio 563 blogged our wedding here. You can also view his entry about our wedding being published here. Seeing those photos just brings back all of those
lovey-dovey wedding day feelings. Sigh. It was awesome to come back home and see this.

Speaking of weddings, my gorgeous friend Heather married the love of her life Matt on the beach at the Majestic Elegance Resort in Punta Cana. She was stunning, and the wedding was absolutely incredible, beautiful and most of all FUN. They built a dance floor on the beach that was slightly elevated and we danced the night away (which IMO is the most fun a wedding can get- eat, drink and be merry...and dance all night!)

Here are a few shots of the stunning bride and her groom. Congratulations you two, love you guys! (They are on their honeymoon in St. Bart's and probably won't see this for awhile...but, here we go!)


And here's what I wore to the wedding: (Dress- Lulu's, Belt- Club Monaco)

Most of our vacation was spent laying on the beach and by the pool. I got a decent tan, but not nearly as dark as I used to get. I am so paranoid about skin cancer and wrinkles, that I wore an SPF 70 on my face the entire time and SPF 70 on my body for the first few days (I later switched to SPF 30 on the body.) Better safe than sorry, right? I did manage to burn my chest area on the very last day, but otherwise I am OK.

Here are some pics of the pool area: (so pretty)

The pool basically ran down the entire length of the resort. I laid-out on that ledge a lot reading on a pool chair: (That's Emily Giffin's "Love the One You're With" novel, which was really good.)


Here are a few beach shots:

I like to call this hair "wind-blown chic" LOL!



And some evening shots:

My awesome low-back VIX dress:

We had a wonderful time. The resort was beautiful. The customer service was a little off, but overall we had an incredible time!

Thank you so much for reading and there is a lot more to come now that I'm back to regular blogging...I've got some great "Motivation Monday's" posts coming up and some hauls and product reviews.

So, tell me- what did I miss last week in the blogosphere? I am working on catching up!

xoxo,

Veronika.