Blog Archive

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year & Resolutions Just for Fun

I have a lot to cover here due to my lack of weekend blogging, so I'll just get started before I go off on a tangent. But first, let me go off on just one tangent:

I tried to go to the gym after work today since I'm just 2 weeks out from our vacation, but there was no parking (in a 3-level large parking garage.) Yes ladies, that's right, it's the invasion of the new year's resolution gym-goer. If this continues, I'm going to have to seriously consider working out at home more often...because sitting in my car with my foot on the break with 10 cars trying to find a space in front of me is not what I consider to be a workout. I'm seeing my trainer again tomorrow, and I'm sure he will kick my butt enough to make up for today.

This New Year's, my bestie and I decided that the bar or club scene wasn't for us, so we co-hosted a party in her fabulous town home (right down the street from ours!)

Here are a few pics from our soiree:

My lovely husband and I. That's a cup of pink champagne mixed with diet gingerale that I'm holding. The only drink I had that night (I had to work the next morning.)

The gorgeous Candice and I. Our party had a "Pink Champagne and Cupcakes" theme. We loved it. Everything was pink including the cups, plates, etc.

My awesome hairdresser and I. We had a talk about my hair trauma that night, and I admitted that my blog post about it was
a little dramatic. It wasn't that bad. I was just having a bad hair day the day I wrote it. My hair doesn't suck as much as I thought it did, but it still needs a major trim and some different layers.

Hello Pink Cupcakes:
You can't have a party without hats!

and...we got a little silly at the end of the night (see, I don't even need to drink to act a fool!)

I love the little sweater I wore. I actually got it at Forever 21 more than 2 years ago, and I just can't resist throwing it on every New Year's (seriously, I am going to post a pic from 2008 to prove it.)

Here it is this year (up-close:)

and in 2008:
See? It's the sweater that keeps on giving! I actually liked it better with last year's dress. I hated the dress I wore this year...I just thought it photographed kind of poorly, and I also felt it must have shrank because it definitely wasn't that short on me the last time I wore it:

Ok...maybe it was that short.

I'm going to start a new post for my next entry since I posted so many pictures here. I hope all of my beautiful readers had an amazing New Year!

Now, the dreaded question...what are your resolutions this year? Let's make it even more fun.

Please post in the comments below:
3 beauty resolutions
2 major life resolutions, and
1 just for fun resolution

Here are mine:
Beauty- exfoliate more, try to use moisturizer more often, try bolder looks once in awhile
Life- be a more patient person, worry less, celebrate more
Just for Fun- do things I say I want to do but never actually do (like go horseback riding or on a wine tour)

xoxo & cheers to the best year ever!

Veronika.