Thursday, October 8, 2009

Air-Drying Left me Damp (Literally)

Yesterday evening, I proudly came home from the gym after a good workout and washed my hair so that I could embark on the wonderful journey of air-drying. Unfortunately, my-air drying experience left much to be desired.

After applying mousse to my roots and Morrocanoil to my ends, I dried just the front and top part of my hair with a hairdryer to ensure my side part would set properly. Then I put two velcro rollers just at the very front of my hair.

I went to sleep and ended up waking up several times, shivering from the ceiling fan blowing on my wet hair. I made an effort to towel-dry it as best as I could, but alas it was not enough.

My hair looked surprisingly good when I woke up for work. The waves/curls were not frizzy and my hair seemed to have unprecedented bounce to it. I had to blast some sections (mainly the back/ends) with a hairdryer to get the rest of the moisture out, then, I set it in velcro rollers. I used a flat iron to straighten the underneath parts of my hair (they always get the curliest).

I must admit, I was pleased with the results. However, I need to develop a new approach so that I don't end up with wet hair that makes me shiver all night. Next time, I plan to blow dry all of my roots (front, top and back) and only let my ends air dry. The way I see it, I only wash my hair twice per week, so the damage I inflict on it with my hairdryer isn't as severe as someone who heat dries daily.

Tomorrow is my long-anticipated micro-trim. I will post pics after my haircut, even though I'm certain it won't look much different.

Speaking of hair, I just stumbled upon this awesome new pic of VS model Alessandra Ambrosio and I am loving the way her hair is colored...it's a little but blonde, a little bit brunette.

I also can't resist posting these gorgeous pics of Kate Beckinsale's hair. It's official- If I could have ANY hair (color, cut, style) it would have to be hers. Be still my heart. (Click to see larger: photos from The Skinny Website)


xoxo,

Veronika