Saturday, October 17, 2009

Review: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

I just wanted to write a quick review about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I have used it for two blowouts so far, and I very much enjoy it. My favorite aspect about the product is that it really does seem to cut down drying time, even when I air-dry.

Since my first air-drying experiment gone wrong, I have started using an "air-drying" method that works better for me. I use the same products as usual (mousse and the serum) and then I blow dry my roots and set my part. Drying my roots until they are 80-90% dry and then letting the ends air-dry is what seems to work best for my hair.

This method still allows me to achieve volume and my blow out lasts just as long. I think I paid $16 at Trade Secrets for the Skinny Serum. I like this serum better than others I have used because it is lightweight and I like using it prior to blow drying- it makes my hair feel protected and gives my hair a smooth, non-sticky finish. Plus, the morning after air-drying the majority of my hair, my ends feel smooth, not frizzy like they would without the product.

Overall, I would recommend this product for anyone who likes a smooth finish to their blow out, and would like to reduce drying time. I don't know that I would categorize it as a Holy Grail product, but it is a good product that gives good results, for a good price. The instructions say to use one pump of the product, but I like to use 2 because I have longer hair. If you have shorter hair, I would definitely only use 1 pump.

I also should mention that I only use the serum from the nape of my neck, down. I never ever use any kind of serums anywhere near my roots. I find that using any serums near the roots doesn't create a good environment for lasting volume.


xoxo,
Veronika.