Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Cardio Tip and my Love for Marisa Miller

Today is a good day. I've finally discovered a way in which I can power-through more than 20 minutes of cardio. E! News. I was on the elliptical today working away when I noticed the TV several machines down was about to air E! News. I looked for an opportunity to take over a "prime real estate" elliptical machine near that TV and as soon as someone got off of that machine I made a bee-line over to it, and it was smooth (cardio) sailing for the duration of my workout (which, I proudly want to say was about 45 mins of cardio, which is very rare for me.)

I literally am able to almost completely tune-out the fact that I am doing cardio when I am watching E! News. I plug my headphones in, and I'm just taken away to the world of tabloids for a sweet 30 minutes (a whole hour if I watch "The Daily 10" too!). From Nicole Richie's new baby, to Britney finding love, there is always a bountiful amount of juicy celeb buzz on E!

Anyways, to get to the point of this post, while I listened intently to the lastest Hollywood gossip, I saw a segment for the new $3 Million Victoria's Secret Holiday Fantasy bra...modeled by Marisa Miller. Sigh. It was like a commercial for an abdominal workout system. Double sigh.

Those who know me, know that I absolutely adore her. The long beachy hair, the perfectly toned body...her signature sultry smokey eyes, nude lips and glow-y skin...and those legs, those incredibly long, toned and tan legs. Clearly, I have a girl-crush.

Gorgeous, glowing skin
The long, bouncy, volume-tastic hair

Among the many reasons I love her is the fact that she is upfront about her workout and eating habits. She admits she works hard for her body, and that she ocassionaly has a sweet treat or slice of pizza. I think some celebrities' publicists must tell them to tell every reporter they "eat clean, all of the time," because I am always pleasantly surprised to find a celebrity who says "I EAT CARBS AND CANDY!" out loud.

Marisa Miller has the exact body I want. I mean literally, if I could choose a body I would want hers (there may be a few others in the running, but hers is so much more realistic). If I could have her muscle tone and still have a nice bum and boobs, and some curves here and there I would be one happy lady!


I think Marisa is one of the less super skinny VS models, which makes her appealing to a wider audience (though, I have to say it, I think most of those models appeal to a wide audience). I just think she has this natural, California sunshine kindof beauty with a little hint of Southern Belle. I am almost certain her hair isn't all natural (as in, she wears extensions at times- who doesn't!?) but it is gorgeous nevertheless.

For anyone interested, click
here for a summary of her workout plan.


Do you love Marisa Miller? Do you get as excited as I do for the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, or is it just me?

Who is your favorite model (VS or otherwise) and why? Leave me a comment below!


xoxo,
Veronika.