Monday, October 26, 2009

NOTD: OPI's "Sapphire in the Snow" & Ivanka Trump Ties the Knot

I was browsing around at Beauty First on Saturday hoping for an early release of Essie's Holiday collection (I am eager to get my hands on "Mint Candy Apple" to soothe my sorrows of not being able to get the Chanel Jade nail polish), and just as I was about to make my way out of the store, I stumbled upon the most gorgeous color...possibly ever. It is from OPI's Holiday Wishes collection, and it is called "Sapphire in the Snow." I can best describe it by saying it is a dark almost indigo purple. If you love dark polishes, you will LOVE this one. It brings a little something unexpected to the table. It has that indigo quality to it, without being harsh. In person, it is dark and glossy and you can really see the indigo undertones in the light. I love it so. Here are some pics:

without flash
with flash

with flash

I just love this color. I would say it looks more true to the non-flash image (dark) but as I said before, in the light, you can see those gorgeous indigo/sapphire tones. It is just a very rich and gorgeous color. I definitely plan to purchase a second bottle if it doesn't become a part of the permanent collection. I have seen it on other blogs and it photographs more blue there, but I definitely see it as more purple-blue, and less of a true blue. It even looks more purple in the bottle (to me).

....and because I can never seem to write about just one topic at a time, Ivanka Trump got married this past weekend, and the few wedding photos I saw absolutely took my breath away. Is she gorgeous or what? She is so classic and polished and elegant. I just loved her entire look- from the hair, makeup, jewels and dress (Vera Wang).

Star Magazine said Ivanka was going for the "Grace Kelly" look, and I think she nailed it. I think her makeup was just flawless- the soft, brown smokey eye and nude makeup elsewhere enhanced her features in a soft, beautiful way.

I think she was simple radiant and glowing (like every bride should be on her big day!) She obviously takes care of herself. I have seen a lot of photos of her at various events, and she is always so refined and put-together. I recently read a piece about her in In Style Magazine where she talked all about her love for jewelry (she has her own line). You can get a peek at her wedding day jewels here.

You know how sometimes you see a bride, and her wedding and you think to yourself "she just did everything right,..." that is how I felt when I saw these photos. I have always thought she was gorgeous, but on her wedding day especially, she was perfection. What do you think? Did you love her wedding day look or was it too traditional for you? I can't wait to see the rest of the photo set. I'll be sure to post them when I find them.

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,

Veronika.