Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Haul: Weekend Shopping Report

I've been under the weather this past week and just had to get out of the house today for a few hours so I decided to head to the mall and pick up the MAC "My Favorite Pink" Dazzleglass Cream I have been eying. I suppose this will be my first official "haul" post.

First things first. Because I thought I wasn't leaving the house today at all, I decided to "experiment" with my makeup and used a bright purple MAC shadow to line my lower lid instead of my typical brown. The picture is embarrassingly bad, but I think despite its quality, you can get a good idea of what it looked like.


I haven't had the chance to try on the new MAC Dazzleglass Cream, but I am confident I will love it, since I love all things pink, especially lip glosses.

I also (of course) paid a visit to Forever21, and was sadly very, very disappointed in the stock they have right now. So much so, that all I tried on were 3 cardigans, which is very rare for me (typically, by the time I make it to the fitting room, my arm is so sore I can hardly contain the urge to throw all of the items onto the floor). The store appears to be in a sate of transition right now, not quite summer, not quite fall and a section of neons and plaids that I am very much over. Dear the 80's: please take back your fashions! (though I must admit I don't hate plaid, I just dislike the sheer amount of it plastered in every store I walk past).

I did pick up one darling cardi though, and I am thankful I even found it amongst the disasters on the second floor (basically, all of the stuff that didn't sell over the summer, and with good reason).

Here it is:
and up close...
Basically it is a cropped cardigan that has these gorgeous little flowers on it secured with a little crystal in the center of each flower. When I put it on, it just felt very girly and pretty, and I knew I had to have it.

Other than that, all I bought was a yummy Spiced Cider candle from Bath and Body Works (they are on sale 2/20$ right now so my bestie and I each got one). It is burning in my home right now, and it feels very cozy and reminds me of the holidays.

Because I had little success on my shopping adventure (or lack thereof) today, I will show you a few of my recent favorite finds.

One of them is this pretty key necklace from Forever21 (about $4.50, I believe). It came with both a larger gold key, and a smaller silver one:

I actually used tweezers to attach two chains together to make the necklace longer. I am really loving super long necklaces right now- but I difficult to find good ones that come on a chain long enough to balance my massively long torso, so I use this little trick to make a longer chain.

Then, there is the purse I mentioned last week, that I hadn't yet had a chance to photograph:

It is from Aldo and cost about $60 CND. It is a great size and really lightweight. I definitely think it looks better and more expensive in person, but that will give you an idea of the shape and size.

I'm sorry I don't have many more exciting purchases to report...perhaps in the next few weeks I will find some great items (here's to hoping).

I do have something really exciting coming up on the blog next week (at least I think so). There was a recent thread on The Nest's Fashion & Beauty board that reaffirmed my idea to do this, and I think it is a really positive idea, so look out for that next week!

Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate you all!

xoxo,
Veronika