Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Beautiful Blogger Award & 7 Random Things About Me

I was tagged by gorgeous Fetching Fashionista Justine to do this fun little "get to you know your weird quirks" post. I have so many, that I thought it would be fun to share just a few of them (I'll save the rest of them for another post!)

ETA: I realized Justine actually gave me one of the "Beautiful Blogger" Awards. I didn't realize that at first so thank you again Justine!


1. I was born in Slovakia (the former Czechoslovakia) and my family escaped communism when I was 3 years old (and when I say escaped, I totally mean that in the absolute truest sense of the word.) I lived in Canada until I was 23, and moved to the US after that. I like to think of myself as a citizen of all lands! (Except, I'm not really a US citizen...yet)

2. I watch every awful and cheesy TV show and reality show. One Tree Hill? absolutely; Jersey Shore? bring it on!; Southern Belles Louisville? it's on my DVR; Rock of Love? One of my faves.We switched to AT&T U-Verse just so we could record 4 shows at once. I love TV and I'm not afraid to say it!

3. I'm seven years younger than my husband (see Justine- I'm even more jail bait!)

4. I can speak 3 languages- English (obviously), French (I completed a French immersion program from grades 4 through 12) and my native language, Slovak. I don't ever get to practice my French, sadly, but I do still have a great grasp of Slovak. I secretly want to teach it to our future children so my husband won't know what we are saying. (tee hee hee)

5. I didn't get my dog until I was 22. I had to beg for years and years (and years) and my parents never let me get one (I was allowed to have fish and a hampster once-which they hated.) It took a divorce and more guilt-trip begging to finally convince my mom to let me have a dog. Now she has two of her own dogs (go figure!)

6. I don't like sushi. I had one bad experience, and it was all over for me. When people say they like sushi, I secretly think they only like it because it's trendy, even though in the back of my mind I know that's not true. Oh and once, I tried home-made sushi (obviously not made by me) and I thought it tasted like sewage (and that's not even the bad experience I'm referring to.)

7. I am the worst worrier ever. I worry about absolutely everything. I constantly picture the worst case scenario in every situation and plot out what I would do if it were to happen. I think it's a defense mechanism, but who really knows?

I nominate these fellow bloggers:
9 to 5 chic

Saltwater Dreams
Kelsey Lately
Lover's Knot
Rock that Look
Emily Loves
Idle Banter

Oh, and to make me feel better about my weirdness, please share your quirky traits with me in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.