Blog Archive

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Awesome Self-Tanner Alert: VS Bare Bronze Aibrush Self Tanner

The other day while getting dressed for work, I ditched my tights and opted for bare legs...that is until I was taking some OOTD pictures and noticed how pale and dry they were. Ick. I put on tights before I left the house because I realized it was only 50 degrees out that morning...it did get into the 70's later in the day but I had some early morning meetings that would have caused me to freeze my tootsies off if I hadn't had tights on.

Well ladies, it was time to take some action. Last night I "hit the bottle" and airbrush tanned my entire body before bed (I always do this- I get better results when I let it sink in for the 8 hours I sleep and I don't have to worry about walking around smelling horrible all day.) I also haven't been working out so I needed a skinny boost (self-tans make me feel like I've lost 5 lbs...or at least make me look more toned. oh the deception.)

I am a big supporter of airbrush tanning formulas. In my opinion, airbrush formulas are among the best self tanning products because they have a higher rate of successful at-home application. The fine mist creates an even finish and because you don't need to rub airbrush formulas into the skin, it leaves less room for error.

When I use gel or cream formulas I end up with more "missed" areas and it is so much more effort than using an airbrush formula. Having said that, I do LOVE a lot of cream and gel formulas, but I recommend them only for advanced self-tanners.

Last night I used Victoria Secret's "Bare Bronze" airbrush self tanner for the first time. I got it after the holidays 75% off during their beauty sale and never got around to using it. I am so glad I finally tried it because it is amazing. Great color, easy to apply, didn't miss a spot, dried quickly, smell was not atrocious.



So imagine my horror when I found out it was discontinued. Yep. Always happens. However, I am confident that VS might have just re-branded their self tanner line because I saw on their website that they have a new Beach Sexy Flawless Airbrush Instant Bronze Body Spray. Of course it is once again limited edition.

I plan to try this new formula and see how it compares to the Bare Bronze. Like I said, it could just be the same product re-branded, a lot of companies do that. I do love the hot pink packaging on this new formula. I'm a sucker for it. Make something pink and I want it!

Anyways, I can't really recommend "Bare Bronze" because it's no longer available, so I'm committing to testing out the new formula to let you all know if it's good (*crossing my fingers that it's as awesome as Bare Bronze!*)

Here's what I wore the day of the pale legs (and hey, there is nothing wrong with paleness at all,I just haven't been working out lately and have been working late and all that combined plus the paleness just made me feel blah...pluslaso my skin has been going crazy lately. Like breakouts crazy...not sure what's going on.)

skirt- ann taylor, top- ann taylor, cardigan- express, pumps- jessica simpson

The Ann Taylor skirt I'm wearing is one of my favorites. It has a subtle textured leopard print. Now that spring is around the corner, I need to stop wearing tights (sad, cause I love em') and start to bare my legs. Problem is, some of the skirts that looked awesome/appropriate with opaque black tights (they were never shorter than a bit above the knee) just don't look right with bare legs, especially because I'm tall.

So this weekend, I am hitting the Galleria to embark on a search for lightweight material skirts that are long enough to wear with bare legs (because um, too-short skirts are as offensive as major cleavage at the office.)


I will let you know if I find any skirts that fit the ticket after my shopping trip. I do own some skirts that are perfect bare-leg length, but I'd like to expand on this collection so there's more variety/choices.

If you've seen any awesome skirts lately, please let me know where in the comments below! Also- when do you start using self tanner (if you use it at all?) Do you break it out the moment you have bare legs or do you wait until summer proper?

xoxo,

Veronika.