Blog Archive

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Target Fitting Room Reviews: Random Selections

Before going on a long walk today with Candice, I went to Target to pick up some groceries. Of course I stopped in the clothing section while there and tried a few things on.

I'll show you what I got first (and by the way ladies, Target has LOTS of super cute swimwear right now!)

I got this swim cover-up for $17.99. It is super soft and flowy. It has a super low plunge v-neck that ties with strings. Love it!

LOL, that's my sports bra underneath it as I was trying it on!

The second thing I got was this top for $10. I ended up getting it in a dark bright royal blue/purpleish color...I am second-guessing it but I wanted to get something more colorful. I did like the black one too but I wanted a medium (for more length) and they only had small. We shall see! I'm not really sure how I plan to wear this...but I figure it would be cute as a swim cover up or with skinny jeans (you can pull it up so it's not so long). Here it is in hot pink (again, with the sports bra...kind of awkward.)


And now for the misses:

This white detailed neckline top. I just felt kind of suffocated when it was on. I didn't like how high the neck was. I just didn't really think it was that flattering.


I also skipped this pretty printed tunic top. I actually liked it...but I just didn't feel 100% about it I guess? Sometimes I hesitate before buying, even if the item is inexpensive. I can see this being cute as a shirt dress, but because of my height it's just not going to happen!

Lastly, I tried on this workout pants. I didn't love the shade of blue/turquoise on the waist and at the time I thought they were completely unflattering...but now that I see this pic I don't think they look THAT bad...but I skipped em'. I always have a super difficult time trying on super-fitted pants. I always get insecure but I just need to get over it because the are perfect for working out.

Today instead of wearing my long LuluLemon pants on our walk, I wore plain black cotton tights from Target and they was super comfy. I think I'm going to start doing that more often. They are so lightweight and stretchy. I also think they can look flattering with a long tee or tank and runners. I don't have a pic but they are the Xiliration brand ones that cost $6 or $7. What do you like to wear to workout? I usually wear long pants but if it's really hot out I will wear my LuluLemon shorts. Now that I've discovered leggings as workout pants (thanks to the lovely Candice who introduced me to this) I may just invest in a pair from LuluLemon so that they last longer.

As always, thank you for reading! Also, let me know what YOU wear to workout in the comments below. Does it depend on the weather, the workout you're doing, your mood?

xoxo,

Veronika.