Blog Archive

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Loving Now: Shorts with Pumps- "The Hills" Stars Show Us How to Wear It (& How Not To)

I've seen some celebs lately pairing shorts with loose tops and pumps. I am absolutely loving this look. It makes legs look superlong and when paired with a loose top it doesn't look trashy (it can definitely look a bit trashy if you pair it with the wrong top, if the shorts are skintight or if the rest of your "look" is overdone.)

I've seen girls overdo it with the shorts and pumps look, for example, by wearing it out to a club with a tight top that shows lots of cleavage. That is most definitely the WRONG way to do it.


Here's the right way:

Kristin Cavallari paired her dark non-skintight shorts with a super loose top and great off- white pumps. This is the look done right.


I also love the big purse she paired her casual yet put together lunch outfit with (they were filming The Hills when she wore this outfit so I'm sure we will see it in action when the new season begins.)

Now, for someone who did shorts and pumps wrong, we don't have to look any further than her fellow Hills castmate Heidi Montag:



See the difference? Firstly, Heidi's shorts look much more fitted to me. Secondly, her top is supertight and shows a lot of cleavage (you can't hide those triple D's) and thirdly, PINK SATIN HEELS. Her bleach blonde long hair and heavier makeup also make this look so very much the opposite of Kristin's carefree, casual and cute ensemble. (All photos from Hills Freak. Click to enlarge.)

So, do we see the distinction?

Here's another Hills star, Stephanie Pratt sporting a super cute shorts look (with flat sandals). I think she's made a lot of progress with her look since the first season she started as a cast member.

I love her pretty embellished sandals and the overall laid-back vibe of this look.

Does anyone else find it kind of ironic that Heidi Montag had 10 surgeries in one day including liposuction, and it seems like both Kristen and Stephanie are way tinier? Come to think of it, I don't remember either star looking as thin as they do now. I know The Skinny Website has been covering The Hills star's weight loss.

Will YOU be trying the shorts with heels trend? After seeing these pics, I plan to try and find a cute pair of black, looser fitting shorts and some nude pumps to try out this look. I think once I get back into the swing of things with my workouts, I will be proud to show off my toned legs! I also really want to look for some cute casual loose tops like the one Kristin is wearing. If anyone knows where I can find some, please let me know. I did try on a similar top while I was shopping this week, but it wasn't long enough for me to wear with skinny jeans so I skipped it.

I'm going to try to get back on track this week with my workouts no excuses! Hot weather is just around the corner and I need to step it up and reach my fitness goals. I have made progress in my eating though. I'm eating more fruits and we are preparing meals at home instead of eating frozen stuff like Bertolis (which by the way are amazing but super high in sodium.)

Hope you all had an incredible weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.