Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Bad Day & Bronzing Products I Love

Well ladies, I have some sad news to share. I got my first ticket today. Ever. The police officers were right at my street corner pulling people over. I am not sure how I was "speeding" since I was slowing down to make a right turn, but I guess they needed to make their end of month budget. Ugh. So upset.

I cried for like an entire hour after it happened (a little dramatic, I know...but the tears are on and off.) I think most people can just get a ticket and brush it off...but not me.


This is from Google Images...I did NOT take this pic! hehe!

It's because
I'm pretty obsessed with being a cautious and responsible driver...to the point where it is almost a bit extreme. Everyone who knows me knows I am completely and totally concerned about issues to do with safe driving such as drunk driving, wreckless driving etc.

I won't even drive if I had a glass of wine in the last hour or even several hours! I'm just super cautious about anyone getting into a car when they are potentially buzzed or drunk. A lot of people here in Texas do that on a regular basis and it's just not something I am OK with (and really, no one should be "OK" with it.)

I guess I just fell victim to a speed trap, but to me,
it feels like so much more. I just constantly witness irresponsible drivers and drunk drivers (especially in the area we live in which is night-club heavy) and I see these people continue to do it week after week and then I get pulled over. People literally stumble out of clubs wasted, and get into their cars and drive away as door people, security, etc look on (and sometimes even police officers!) It amazes me.

I know I am totally being "
woe is me" right now and I know that police officers have to reach their quota...but speed traps just feel like such a nasty was of doing it. I wish they were really out there pulling people over at night and doing breathalyzer tests and getting THOSE dangerous drivers off of our streets. I don't remember the last time I've encountered a random pull over to check for drinking (can you tell I'm passionate about this issue!???)

Anyways, please forgive me for this rant/vent. I know that no one is perfect and I certainly don't think I shouldn't have gotten a ticket...I guess I just feel horrible about the way it happened. I feel horrible because I truly try to drive in a responsible and safe manner.
I would never think my driving today was an example of driving that could potentially endanger someone. Plus, it was my first offense ever in my life. I thought you usually get a warning for that? Maybe I should have tried to charm my way out of it, but my lip began to quiver and I burst into tears while trying to speak through my sobs about how this has never happened to me...and I pride myself on being a super responsible driver...blah blah blah...the officer just said "nobody's perfect." Well yeah, obviously...

After this happened and my husband got home, we took our dog for a walk and
we saw someone RUN a STOP SIGN in front of the police, and that person didn't get pulled over. My jaw just dropped to the floor. I see people run that stop sign ALL of the time...I know, I know...I'm just mad because it was ME that got the ticket.

Anyways, sorry you had to read that...back to regularly scheduled programming! (and no, I'm not crying anymore...writing seems to have calmed me down!)
Let's talk: Bronze.

Typically the only time I use bronze is in self-tanning products and powder face bronzers...but then, I saw this photo of the gorgeous Charlize Theron, and I may have to reconsider my limited use of bronze:

I love that look! It is kind of intense but I think it's so pretty and really makes a statement.

Do you ever use coppery/bronze-ish eyeshadow?

Speaking of bronzers, though I do have an HG (NARS Laguna), I have been eyeing Guerlain's Terracotta Light Summer Bronzing Powder.

I saw it in one of my magazines recently (it looks lighter than it does in the pic on Sephora's website) and I knew immediatelly I wanted to try it. Guerlain is pretty popular for its spray-on bronzer product , which my best friend Candice swears by, but I prefer powders and I like that this one is matte for summer. I love shimmer too, but sometimes when my face gets more oily in the summer, it's nice to have a matte formula. The price is steep though- $50. I am definitely going to have to swatch it in the store before I commit to something like that!

Other "bronze" products I love?

1. NARS Laguna Bronzer (my daily bronzer)
2. Benefit "hoola" Bronzer (a pretty matte bronzer)
3. MAC Eyeshadow in "Honesty"
4. Clarins SPF 6 Tanning Milk (I use this mixed with moisturizer on my face for color)
5. Airbrush Self-Tanners- brands I love include Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Victoria's Secret

What are your favorite bronzing products? Please let me know in the comments below!

Have you ever been pulled over? Did you cry like me? LOL. I am such a dork. Thanks for reading!

xoxo,

Veronika.