Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best of 2009-Holy Grail Products I Couldn't Live Without!


I got this idea from Carolina Bella over at In My Shoes who got it from Emily at Beauty Broadcast. I definitely have some of my "best of" to share for 2009, so without further ado, here they are:

Best Liquid Foundation:
I don't use liquid, so I can't comment on this one, sorry ladies! (I promise I'll try one soon)...BUT my fave powder foundation is my HOLY GRAIL wouldtotallydiewithoutit MAC StudioFix Powder (I wear C3, for reference)

Best Bronzer:
NARS Laguna- I can't rave enough about this one- it gives the perfect color, the perfect glow and the packaging is great too. I love that this bronzer works on a lot of different skin tones, and that although it has a slight shimmer to it, it isn't detectable on the skin.

Best Blush:
Bobbi Brown blush in "peony" is my most-used at the moment. It is a bright pink that gives cheeks a super-healthy looking flush

Best Concealer:
MAC Studio Finish Concealer (the one in the pot.) If you need concealer, please please please go out and buy this one. I've used it for so many years, and I've never strayed because the coverage is SO incredible. Ladies with skin redness or acne- this is the concealer for you!

Overall Favorite Eye Shadow Brand:
MAC- my fave colors are: satin taupe, retrospeck, honesty and brun
Honorable Mention: Urban Decay and Too Faced

Best Single Product Eyeshadow:
Urban Decay "Midnight Cowboy Rides Again"- this sparkly gold/platinum eyeshadow isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it.

Best Eyeliner:
MAC Fluidline Gel Liners (I use "dipdown" and "blacktrack")

Best Mascara:
DiorShow Black Waterproof
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof (drugstore)

Best Lip Gloss:
There are so many to list here...I don't always wear actual colored gloss, but when I do here are my faves- MAC Dazzleglass in "Baby Sparks" and MAC Dazzleglass Creme in "My Favorite Pink"

Best Lipstick:
I really don't wear lipstick that often, but when I do I use MAC's "Colorcrafted" or NARS' "Roman Holiday"...I like PINK...anything pink!

Outstanding Brush:
The Sigma Brush Kit (entire set)- I love their SS150 powder brush

Best Packaging:
NARS and MAC

Best Hair Product:
I know I just started using this (literally today) but I can already tell I absolutely love Pureology's "Nanoworks" shampoo. I also really love Garnier XXL thickening mousse.

MVP (Most Valuable Product):
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin- I've tried many formulas over the years (cetaphil and clinique, to name a few) and this is the best, non greasy, not irritating moisturizer. I apply it in the morning after washing my face.

Runners up: La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I. Targeted Breakout Corrector and Proactiv's Refining Mask

What are YOUR Best of 2009 products? Rave about your faves in the comments below! To my fellow bloggers- I TAG you all to do this post! <3

xoxo,

Veronika.