Thursday, December 10, 2009

Products You Live Without

Typically, we bloggers rave endlessly about all of our holy grail, can't-live-without-it, would-die-if-they-discontinued-it products.

Today, I'm going to talk about products I live without. As much as I am obsessed with products, I was surprised at how many products I never, or very rarely use:

1. Lip Color- I tend to apply a clear gloss (I love Victoria Secret's Beauty Balm) to my lips while at work, but I don't wear any lip gloss or lipstick on a daily basis unless I have an important meeting or evening event. I do LOVE lipgloss, but it has a time and place for me. I do like the clear VS lip gloss, because it prevents my lips from getting too dry.

2. Hairspray- The last time hairspray touched my hair was when my stylist curled it for me. I hardly every use hairspray, for many reasons, the most important being that it just doesn't work for people who don't wash their hair daily. If you sleep on hair that's been hair sprayed (at least for me) it just doesn't look right the next day. I tend to touch-up with the flat iron in between washes, and hairspray ruins the texture for me. It just does something not right, so I avoid it. I will use it occasionally in the summer if I'm in a high-humidity situation.

3. Makeup Primer- I tried Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and I didn't see what all the buzz was about. I actually felt my makeup looked worse with it than without. Maybe I just don't have the right skin for it or something, but it's just another step to me that I don't see results from.

4. Regular Mascara- Weird, right? I ONLY use waterproof formulas. I won't even buy a non-waterproof mascara. I like the staying power and non-smudginess it offers. I also like the texture of WP formulas.

5. Liquid Foundation- I don't remember the last time I used liquid foundation, though I am not opposed to it. In fact, I've been wanting to try the new NARS foundation that everyone is raving about (sheer glow). The thing is, I've been using MAC Studio Fox for more than 9 years, and I don't feel like now is the time to switch. I worry about skin breakouts too.

6. Hand/Body Cream or Lotion- Beauty confession alert! I absolutely hate the feeling of cream on my hands or body. I have no idea how my skin is not alligator dry, I really don't. Cream makes my hands feel dirty for some reason. When I do moisurize, I have to wash my hands IMMEDIATELY.

7. Eye Makeup Remover- I don't own eye makeup remover. I just wash it off with my facewash...is that awful?

8. A Regular Toothbrush- Non-electric tooth brushes are completely alien to me. I can't imagine brushing my teeth without my Braun Oral B spin brush (I would like to get a Sonicare next). I even bring it when I travel.

So, tell me, which popular beauty products do you live without?

xoxo,

Veronika.