Saturday, December 26, 2009

A New Year: Make Better, Not Make-Over

Elle Magazine's January issue featured an entire section about "making better" (instead of the dreaded "making-over".)

I thought this was a really positive message- because after all, most women want to be true to who they are when making improvements, not made-over into someone they hardly recognize.

I admittedly got sucked-in by the ads promoting
Elle Magazine's new "Make Better" Workout DVD Collection (available on amazon.com)

EDIT: Umm... I just went to Elle.com and noticed you can get ALL THREE DVD's for $44.95 and I paid $29.99 for just one on Amazon.com (I'm going to return the Amazon one because I ordered all 3 instead- way better deal and now I'll have 3 different workouts.) I hate when stuff like this happens, but I wanted to warn my readers so you too can get the better deal! (Oddly, Elle Magazine promotes getting the DVD's on Amazon in their ads...wtf?)


Brooklyn Decker is one of my favorite models, so when I saw the previews online, I just had to buy the video. I purchased the "Elle Beauty Sculpt" DVD, because I like to learn new moves I can use at the gym. I also like having the option of working out at home for the days where I don't feel like leaving the house, but don't want to feel like a lazy slob!

I got the "Beauty Sculpt" DVD, pictured above- it should arrive by the 31st!

I will let you ladies know how good the videos are when I start them. I previewed Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" today too, and that looks like a good workout as well.

For some strange reason, my superhuman memory fails me when it comes to workout moves (yet I strangely remember plot lines from old Babystitters Club and Sweet Valley High books I read in 7th grade). That's why I like to have videos- they remind me and teach me the right moves that actually get results.

I remember Jessica Simpson was supposed to come out with a workout video when she was all toned for her role in "Dukes of Hazard" and I was disappointed that it was never released (she seems to be gaining lately so I guess she stopped her super intense workouts anyways.) Luckily, she is one of those women that looks good at any weight.

Do you ever use workout videos, or do you prefer going to the gym? Personally, I like to switch it up and keep things fresh, so a combination of group classes at my gym, gym workouts, home workouts and pilates classes at a seperate studio work for me.

And, because I just can't imagine leaving this post without some more pictures of the gorgeous Brooklyn Decker...here you go!



isn't she just stunning? *sigh*

and...her body is pretty darn good fitness inspiration, don't you think?

I could post 20 more pictures...but this has already gotten out of hand!

xoxo,

Veronika.

P.S. who is YOUR fitness inspiration? actor, model, friend, family member? Let me know in the comments below!