Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Haul: & Some Extras

I realize I am way behind on blogging (amongst other things!) I had a few evening events to attend last week, which threw my entire schedule off. So this might be a longer post than usual.

First off, I took some photos of some of the vacation wear I bought a few weeks ago. At the time I was using photos from their website, but I thought I'd take my own pics to show more detail.

Here is the gorgeous animal-print silk wrap (it looks even better ON!)

Detail:
Here is the triple print bikini (The top is three layers of ruffles. Not sure if the photo shows that, but it creates a really pretty look when it's on.) The three prints are paisley, giraffe and floral.

and here is another bikini I bought there several weeks ago. The pic is a bit blurry but it's a rich hot pink and dark grey. The style of the top looks amazing on too, very flattering! I will post photos of our vacation when we get back!

Speaking of vacations, I also ordered a dress similar to this one to wear:

The one I got it hot pink with large, dark green leaves on it. I guess I bought the last one because it is no longer on the site. But the pic above is basically the same dress with a different print. You can view it here. I discovered the online store LuLu's on the blog The Chloe Conspiracy, which I am obsessed with right now. That girl's got style...and she seems to love all of the things I do, especially really girly, feminine accents. If you love fashion, please check out her blog, it is definitely a must-read.

Saturday, I went Macy's to use my Friends and Family 25% off coupon, but sadly, I didn't find what I was looking for. So, as always, I ventured over to Forever 21 where the deals were bountiful.

This amazing plum skirt was the last one in the entire store. It is a size large (I usually wear a medium) but it actually worked well because I can wear it lower on my hips, making the skirt longer. It looks very sleek on, and cost a mere $15.80. I've seen similar skirts retail for $60 plus.

I also got this cute black dress for $14.50. I figured it would be cute to wear on vacation:

Here is a closeup that shows the fabric and neckline detail:

My final Forever 21 purchase was a fun, flirty holiday skirt. It has layers of ruffles, sequins and lace. It sounds super tacky, but on, I felt it was perfect for the holidays. I wore it to dinner on Saturday night (the elastic waistband came in handy after appetizers, dinner and dessert...and don't even get me started on the way I attacked the bread basket!)

It photographs a bit shiny with the flash, but in real life it's more subtle (the satin). Moving along...

I absolutely LOVE J. Crew. Every time the catalog arrives, I get the same feeling I do when I get the Pottery Barn catalog: "I WANT IT NOW!"

However, due to the fact that J. Crew pieces aren't exactly the most afforable items for a recessionista, I resist, and wait for sales (it also helps that the J. Crew at the mall I shop at is super far away from all of the other stores I frequent.)

Anyways, I picked up this gorgeous ivory blouse. The detailing at the neckline is so pretty. The best part? I got it for $29.99 down from $89.50. Score!


Moving onto products, I recieved a 15$ off coupon to spend at Sephora, and I immediately made a beeline for NARS, and picked up their multiple in the limited edition color "Luxor," which I pray they keep in their collection.

The best way I can describe this product is that it's a gorgeous creamy highlight stick that reminds me of my Anastasia of Bevery Hills eye highlight pencil in "sand." It's a soft, shimmery light baby pink that gives the perfect pearly glow to your skin. I use it on my eyes and cheekbones. LOVE.

I haven't worn this color yet, but this is Essie's "Mezmerize." I've wanted to get my hands on a blue polish since I saw Blake Lively's photoshoot for Marie Claire where she wore a similar color on her nails. I think it's a fun alternative to the typical fall/winter darks, but not as extreme as something like Essie's "Mint Candy Apple" green shade, which is a hit or miss for most women. I will most definitely post pics when I've done my nails with it. The flash makes it appear a bit lighter than it looks in person.

And, finally, I purchased a Redken product after hearing some of my favorite YouTube Beauty Gurus rave about it. I got the Anti Snap leave-in hair treatment. I realize this is a protein treatment, so I don't plan to use it everytime I dry my hair, but I've read the reviews and it seems people either love it or hate it, but it has an average rating of 4/5 stars on makeupalley, so I feel confident.
Before I leave, as some my Houston readers know, we got SNOW here on Friday. Not just a little bit, it pretty much snowed for most of the morning through the late afternoon. So, in honor of the sudden cold, I broke out my winter jacket from 2 years ago! It is from Forever 21 (quelle surprise) and I like it, even though the lining inside is a bit ripped.


Hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope you will all share with me what you bought over the weekend (I'm sure many of you are doing your holiday shopping!)

...oh and also...203 followers! yay! Thank you SO much to everyone who reads and subscribes! You guys keep me going!

xoxo,

Veronika.