Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

42 Questions about Makeup & Skincare

I saw this TAG on This Girl's Life and thought it was a fun post, so I'm going to do it and I tag all of my wonderful blog friends to do it too! 

42 Questions About Make Up!

1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice daily. Once in the morning and once at night.
2) What skin type do you have?
I have combination skin. I would say my skin used to be acne prone, but because of the wonders of the pill, it no longer is.  I would say I have skin that's a little bit of everything: oily, dry and even flaky at times.
3) What is your current facial wash?
I use a mixture of La Roche Posay's Effaclar foaming gel face wash and Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control foaming facial cleanser.
4) Do you exfoliate?
Yes. I use my Clarisonic about every other night (never in the morning) and I also use La Roche Posay's Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub.
 
5) What brand do you use?
La Roche Posay
6) What moisturizer do you use?
Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin (comes in a white box with a light purple thing that says "sensitive skin") it's amazing and doesn't make me break out
7) Do you have freckles?
Yes- on my nose, cheeks and shoulders. They used to be more prominent when I was younger. I actually LOVE facial freckles and wish mine stood out more. I think they add character and dimension to a face.
8) Do you use eye cream?
No...but I have before and still do use it ocassionaly
9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I used to. Then the pill did wonders...and so did these products/routine
10) Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
Yes. It was OK. It made my skin more oily because I was over-drying.
 
MAKE UP
11) What foundation do you use?
I don't use liquid foundation. I use MAC Studio Fix Powder in C3 and have been for the last 10 years or so. It's my HG.
12) How about concealer?
Mac Studio Finish- also an HG. I use my Sigma foundation and concealer brush for a flawless application. It really gives an airbrushed effect when it's set with powder.
13) Do you know your undertone colour?
I'm not 100% sure, but I tend to buy foundation with yellow undertones because it's so flattering on skin
14) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I like them for special occasions! The last time I wore them was on halloween and before that it was my wedding day.
15) Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes.  I honestly don't follow this rule. I only ever apply mascara to a perfectly clean face so I don't really see the need to replace it unless it smells or looks bad.
16) What brand of mascara do you use?
I love DiorShow, L'Oreal Volume Collagen and L'Oreal Voluminous. I prefer a super thick, lush lash look than super long, and these formulas achieve that for me (and are good for length too, but my main goal is thickness)
17) Sephora or Mac?
Sephora because they have more brands...but I could NEVER live without my Studio Fix!
18) Do you have a Mac Pro card?
No, but I may apply for one.
19) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
Sigma brushes mainly, and a few MAC ones.
20) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use my MAC concealer on my entire eye area before putting my powder on so I guess that's a primer. I don't wear eyeshadow during the day so if I do use a MAC paint pot, I'll use "bare study" and just dot a bit on my lid for some shimmer. I do use MAC's "blanc type" to brighten up my eye area.
21) For the face?
I absolutely loathe facial primers. Tried many, hated them all.
22) What is your favourite eyeshadow? Colour or shade?
This is boring but I have two- MAC's "blanc type" as a base and I also love MAC's "brun" as a lower lid liner. For a more fun color, I love Urban Decay's "Midnight Cowboy Rides Again."
23) Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Gel liner.
24) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I don’t.
25) What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
I don't really use them. I have one called Fairylite or something. I don't remember the last time I used it? I guess I typically only wear liner and a tiny bit of neutral shadow.
26) Do you use mineral makeup?
I haven't tried it.
27) What is your favourite lipstick?
Maybelline "Born With It" lipstick
28) How about lipgloss?
MAC Dazzleglass in "baby sparks" and MAC lipglass in "underage"
29) What is your favourite blush to use?
Bobbi Brown in "peony," hands down
30) Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
No.
31) Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes! I love L'Oreal, Maybelline...
32) Do you go to CCO's?Cosmetic Company Outlet?
No.
33) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes. My wedding makeup artist does classes but I just haven't had the time yet to do one!
34) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I don't think I'm clumsy, I just don't know the professional techniques or anything (esp for the eyes)
35) Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Tadpole brows (not makeup, but bad) and also when people don't make an effort at all with makeup! A lash curler, mascara, blush on the apples of cheeks and lip gloss can go a long way for someone who's not into makeup but wants to look polished.
36) Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Definitely neutral. I am the queen of neutral
37) Which celebrity always has great makeup?Jennifer Aniston, Kate Beckinsale, Cheryl Cole
38) If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
MAC Studio Fix. I need even skin!
39) Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
I don't remember the last time I did. Could I? Sure. Do I want to? Absolutely not.
40) Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I think I look better with makeup on, but I don't think I look horribly awful without it. I am just so used to seeing my face with it on, that I feel weird when it's not on.
41) In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
Probably MAC. I also love NARS and Benefit.
42) What do you think of makeup?
I think makeup is something that just makes me feel happy and confident! I also think makeup is so fun! I think some women see makeup as an inconvenience/time consuming, but my makeup time in the morning (about 15 mins or so) is "my time" and I love applying it and feeling good after I've put it on, ready to face the day.  I don't have a large collection like some other bloggers so (so jealous!). I tend to stick with more neutral stuff and colors I know I'll wear during the day.  I think makeup is such a boost to someone's look and a little can go a long way :)