Blog Archive

Monday, April 19, 2010

West Elm Desk, OOTD & Laura Bell Bundy and Carrie Underwood Shine on Red Carpet

Today I called my waxing place to make an appointment with my favorite waxer...and was told she is moving to Michigan! I have been having such bad luck in the beauty services world lately...first my hairdresser left me and now my waxer. Sigh. If you haven't checked out my piece about losing my hairdresser on CultureMap yet, go check it out, it might give you a laugh or two. How ironic is it that I'm losing my waxer too!? LOL.

Today I wore an eggplant colored J. Crew blouse and my beloved Target pleated skirt

For some reason the shirt photographed a bit blue, but it's a deep purple color.

I also snapped some pics of our new West Elm 2 x 2 Console Desk even though I swore I wouldn't until I had finished accessorizing it. I think it looks OK right now, but I think it needs a lamp. I love how bright white it is.


I'll post more pictures when I add more to the desk.  I love having a desk in our home. Though I usually use my laptop from the couch, I like to store my laptop on it, use it there occasionally  and use it to put my cup of tea on when I'm on the couch (it's so hard to reach our coffee table from the corner seat where I sit.)

If you know me, you know I'm obsessed with Legally Blonde (the movie and the musical). I saw the show on Broadway when MTV reality star Bailey Hanks was in it (I actually got to meet her after the show.)  It is such a fun show and I must admit that I have the score in my car and know the word to everysinglesongonthedarncd...and when I'm alone and sometimes even in the presence of my lovely husband, I will belt those songs out at the top of my lungs like no one is listening.

Which is why I got so excited when I saw these photos of original Legally Blonde Broadway star Laura Bell Bundy.  I think they are from the Country Awards and I think she looks gorgeous. I believe right now she's in the midst of releasing her first album. She looks thinner than I remember her, but I think she looks fantastic here- absolutely love her hair and makeup.



I also thought Carrie Underwood (as always) looked stunning:


I am not sure when this other photo of her was taken, but she looks amazing in it too. Her makeup is always applied so perfectly!

Hope you all had a fabulous Monday!  Now tell me- have you ever lost your hairdresser or another beauty guru you go to?  Did they move (or did you)? How did you find a new hairdresser? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.