Blog Archive

Monday, April 26, 2010

Requested: My Daily EyeMakeUp & An OOTD

This is a much-requested post so I'm so happy I finally remembered to bring my camera into the bathroom with me where I get ready in the morning.

This is my daily "eye makeup" routine, step by step.  

My first step is to apply MAC's studio finish concealer on my lids, and then powder my entire face with MAC's Studio Fix foundation (a powder.) I didn't show this step. I love using concealer on my lids. It evens them out and is a perfect base for everything.

OK, here we go:

1.  Curl eyelashes- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

2. Apply Benefit's "Eye Bright" pencil (this pic shows it un-blended, I blend it out using my finger)

3.  Use Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in "Black Mauve" to line top lids- get as close to your lash line as possible (kind of like tightlining, but not exactly). I use a thin eyeliner brush (shown) or sometimes an angled liner brush.



4.  Apply MAC's "Blanc Type" eyeshadow to entire lid and brow bone (I just like to use this as a base and to brighten the entire lid)


5.  Apply MAC's "Brun" eyeshadow to my lower lash line with a slanted eyeliner brush. This gives a precise line. If you use too much, use a Q-tip to whittle it down a bit (make a thinner line)


 6. Then, I use Anastasia of Beverly Hill's brow powder in "medium ash" to fill in my brows (I also have the pencil and use that on occasion too. I like both products) I also apply Maybelline's clear lash gel to my brows to keep them in place (because otherwise, they look "absolutely tragic" as one of my lovely commenters pointed out)


7.  I then apply L'Oreal's Volume Collagen Mascara to my lashes (I'll also use DiorShow when I feel like it)


and here is the result (sorry some of the pics...okay, most of them, are really really bad, but I hope they give you an idea of what I do)



So there it is :) Pretty simple! As you all know, I very rarely wear eyeshadow during the day.  I sometimes will use MAC's Paintpot in "Bare Study" on my lids, but I didn't today.  I think this is such a simple everyday look and it takes no time at all. Last night I watched a couple of minutes of that show "Jersylicious" and boy do those girls wear a TON of eyemakeup (and makeup in general.) I've had comments on my blog before that say I wear "too much makeup" and that my "eyemakeup is too heavy" which always shocks me because unless you're comparing me to someone who wears no eyemakeup at all, I think I keep it pretty simple.  But hey, to each their own!


***I forgot to add that I use a black liner on my waterline. I use Bonne Bell's "Black Ink" liner***Lining the waterline makes eyes a little more intense.

Here is what I wore today: My new J.Crew ruffle top from my weekend haul, my Express Editor pants, a Charlotte Russe open-face cardigan, Forever 21 skinny black belt and Aldo shoes.

I really liked this outfit. It was comfy and chic...though I did have to run an errand at lunch and it was SO hot outside. Not so great when you're wearing a silk top!

Hope you had a happy Monday!  If you have any questions about my eye makeup routine, please post them below.  A reminder that I also have a Formspring at http://www.formspring.me/veronabrit, if you ever have a random question.

What's your daily eye makeup look?

xoxo,

Veronika.