Blog Archive

Friday, April 23, 2010

OOTN, First Kiehl's Products and Toothpaste Rave!

Tonight my husband and I went out for dinner and rented "The Blind Side."  I'm such an emotional person, I cried on and off throughout the entire movie. I am such a crier. I don't know if I've mentioned that here before, but I cry at commercials, movies, sad moments, happy moments. I pretty much get teary-eyed at every opportunity.  Even seeing someone else cry makes me cry!

This morning, I was brave and decided to try something different.  Instead of lining my lower lashes with MAC's "brun" eyeshadow, as I do daily, I decided to dip my brush into MAC's limited edition (I believe) mineral e/s duo called "Odd Couple."  This is what it looks like:

The purple goes on super bright! I just love it. What a difference it makes. I felt so fun today just having changed that one tiny thing about my makeup!

Here is how it turned out:
I also tried something different with my hair...I made it a bit wavy and added a tiny little braid. I am loving braids right now and want to learn to braid better so I can incorporate more braids into my hair looks.


As for my outfit of the night, I wore one of my new sundresses from Marshalls.  I paired it with a Forever 21 belt and necklace and my Michael Kors zipper sandals.

The dress, though a bit too big in the waist area is very cute on! (I have the hot pink in a medium but had to get the black in a large because they were all out.)  I think it is super versatile. You can make it longer or shorter depending on how you style it.

Before dinner, I paid my first ever visit to Kiehl's and I have to say the store was so cute and the sale associate was the sweetest and most helpful guy ever. I LOVE good customer service.  I got the avocado eye cream that Lollipop26 (Laura) raves about and also one of the famous lip balms (I got the "pear" flavored one.) I also picked up a sample of their midnight repair oil.

 

I will report back once I've used them both for awhile.

Before I go, I want to RAVE about a toothpaste I've been using. I drink 5-6 cups of green tea (or other teas, usually decaf at night) per day. So teeth stains are something I always worry about. I usually whiten my teeth about once a year with my trays.  I decided to try the new Crest 3D White toothpaste they've been advertising (along with my Sonicare toothbrush) and I must say, I'm impressed! My teeth really do look whiter (and I haven't whitened them in quite awhile!) BTW- that's MAC's "colorcrafted" lipstick I'm wearing. 

As always, thank you for reading! 

xoxo,

Veronika.