Blog Archive

Saturday, April 24, 2010

500 Plus Subscriber Contest: Products I Love (I Hope You Will Too!)

Every time I go to ULTA to try and find prizes for my blog contest, I end up roaming around for almost an hour rethinking everything in my shopping basket.  I finally decided on a few prizes- and I went with a "products I love" theme, because I feel kind of weird buying something for a contest that I've never used myself. 


Ok, so here it goes. The 500 plus follower contest: "Products I Love"


Clean & Clear blotting tissues (because with summer coming up, they're a must have!)  I absolutely love these and keep them in my purse at ALL TIMES. When I get shiny, I blot blot blot and it's all back to normal again :)

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum- Andi got me hooked on this stuff- it makes hair dry faster and leaves it smooth and shiny!  

Redken 07 Volumizing Mousse (one of my faves, I also gave one away in my last giveaway because I love it so much)  

Seche Vite Topcoat- I could not rave more about this topcoat- it's my fave prize of the bunch. It is truly the most amazing and fast-drying topcoat I've ever used. It leave nails with brilliant shine that lasts a long time. Love love love.


Lastly, Pureology's "Essential Repair" Shampoo which is what I'm using myself at the moment. I love it and want to share it with one of my readers and hopefully they will love it as much as I do!


The other prizes will include a bunch of sample products. I have so many samples of so many products that my beauty storage is over loaded. I know I'll never use them all so I thought someone else might get some joy from them. Samples include Clinique, Smashbox, Bumble and Bumble and many more :)


Ok, here are the rules:


1.  Leave a comment saying you'd like to enter along with your email address so I can reach you. Please leave only one comment. Duplicate comments will be skipped over when counting the winner.
2. Make sure you are a follower/subscriber to this blog, as it is open to subscribers only.
3. I will ship internationally, so please feel free to enter no matter where you live.
4. The contest will end on Friday, April 30, 2010 at 12midnight CST.
5. I will announce the winner on Saturday, May 1, 2010.

I am so honored to have each and every one of you as a reader and I hope you'll enter! So many of you contribute so much to this blog with your comments and feedback and it's always appreciated.


I stopped by the mall today to pick up a couple more pairs of workout tights (even though I uh, haven't been working out) and while there I stopped over at J. Crew to see if there were any good sales.  It turns out they had a pretty dark gray blouse for sale (originally $88.00 marked down to $29.99.)  Here is what it looks like:



It will be nice tucked into a skirt with a pretty cardigan. I am slowly building my collection of silk tops and I love them...and you know me, I can't resist a ruffled neckline!



I also picked up a couple of things for myself at Ulta including airbrush self tanner (Neutrogean), some Essie nail polishes (exposed, chinchilla and splash of grenadine) and Eucerin cream for claming redness (for myself and my husband):



I also stopped by Saks Fifth Avenue because their Family & Friends sale was on, so I took advantage of the 20% discount and got a shine treatment from Kerastase's pink line (Chroma Riche Luminous Softening Essence). I've read great things about this product and line so I'm excited to try it!



Today I wore the hot pink version of yesterday's black ruffle dress. I love it!


I had tried it on with a different sweater before I left but stuck with the simple black cardigan.

Thank goodness I bought the airbrush self tanner...I'm looking a little pale. I need to spray myself, ASAP! Now that I'm no longer wearing my beloved black opaque tights, my legs need some lovin' including lunges and some self tanner!


Speaking of which- I haven't done the Brazil Butt Lift videos yet, but I promise I will soon! Some people have been asking me about it so I wanted to give a little update (or lack thereof, really)


I spent the entire afternoon cleaning my house today! I was sooo tired of all of the clutter that I cleaned, reorganized and eliminated. I called a local shop that buys used clothing (some of mine still have tags!) so I'm going to bring it in tomorrow to see what they'll take. The other clothes will be donated to charity. I donate most of my clothes to charity, but thought I'd try consignment this time around to see if I can make a buck or two. I contemplated having a blog sale, but honestly, the items are stuff I don't want to wear anymore, so I'm not sure why anyone else would (though some of it I'm giving away because Abercrombie & Fitch tanks no longer fit my check area.) Then again, someone's trash is someone else's treasure.

Have you ever sold clothing to consignment? Did you make a decent amount of cash? Let me know in the comments! (I'm not expecting to make much at all, just curious what the going rates are.)


Thank you for reading, please enter my contest if you like and have a wonderful, beautiful sunny weekend!


xoxo,


Veronika.