Blog Archive

Monday, February 7, 2011

Colonoscopy Update & A Special Surprise from H

I'm still a bit groggy, but I made it through the colonoscopy today.  Thanks to everyone who left sweet and supportive comments :)

The procedure went really well and all of my results came back normal, which is great because it means there's nothing more serious going on.  They took some biopsies too, just to be sure and I'll see my doctor in a few weeks to go over everything and figure out what I can do to help my symptoms.

My H snapped these shots before I went in for my procedure:

I weighed myself before I went into the surgery room and I weighed 6 pounds less than I usually do.  I guess with no water in your system and an empty colon, magical things can happen!

Now to the bad and ugly---the "prep" drink.  If I never in my life have to drink that prep drink again, I'll be a happy gal.  The drink was the absolute worst part of the entire experience. Worse than being starving all day, worse than the countless hours on the toilet (yes, hours when you add it all up.) 

My H was my own personal cheerleader last night.  He sat with me and encouraged me as I sucked that evil drink through a straw---and like a champ, I downed each drink (4 hours apart) in under 3 minutes.  It was disgusting and totally gag-worthy, but I wanted it to be over, and the faster I drank it, the faster it would be over.

The absolute best part of the entire experience was my awesome H who brought me everything I needed all day, mixed my drinks, made my chicken broth and overall was just awesome.  And today, after my procedure, he surprised me with these:

I first saw these rose gold Judith Jack earrings on Noelle's lovely blog and I knew I had to have them! I sent the link to my H as a Valentines day hint (now that's strategy!) Aren't they pretty? Love them!

I finally had my first real meal today--- a chicken salad sandwich and fruit cup from Zoe's Kitchen. YUM!  It felt so good to eat but I'm also experiencing a very odd feeling in my upper stomach area...almost like a very very faint heartburn or something...I did get a camera down my throat today, so not sure if it's from that or not.

It feels so amazing to eat again, even though my belly still feels uncomfortable.  I've had a total of 2 awesome naps today which is great. It really sucks the energy out of you to have such a dramatic cleanse.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!  It's back to work for me tomorrow :) Thank you again to everyone who was so supportive!  I'm lucky to have such awesome readers.

xoxo,

Veronika.