Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Obsessed With: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Most of you know I'm not a big believer in primers and what they do for the skin.  I have tried many brands of skin primers and I never liked how my makeup looked when I used them (though, to be fair, I use powder foundation and that might be part of the reason.)

I have heard countless raves about Urban Decay Primer Potion (or UDPP) from YouTube beauty gurus and bloggers alike.  No matter what anyone said about how great it was, I put it on my "products not for me" list and went on with my primer-less life.

I do wear eyeshadow daily, but I just lightly sweep MAC's "blanc type" over my lid and that's that. No blending, no multiple colors, no crease definition.  I didn't see myself as a candidate for eyeshadow primer.

Something that's always bothered me is that usually by mid day and definitely towards the end of the day, my eyelids get greasy. Not like disgustingly greasy or anything, but enough to notice creases in my shadow and enough to rob my lids of their once matte look.

I thought oily lids were just something you had to deal with...what I didn't know was that the UDPP eliminates them completely.  Yes, I said eliminates them. Completely.
One morning, I woke up and said to myself "well, I have a sample of this stuff, I might as well try it."  I proceeded to, for the rest of the day, touch my eyelids every few hours and be in awe of how matte they looked AND felt and how there was no grease to be seen. Not even at night before bed when I washed my makeup off. Just no grease, ever.

I just couldn't believe it. I convinced myself it must have been a fluke.  But then, I finished up the sample and had perfectly matte lids for days. 

I finally bought my own tube of this favorite and I'll never look back. Everyone needs this product, especially if you want lasting power and matte lids.  I am thrilled to have discovered its greatness before the summer months where the humidity and heat make shadow practically melt off.

Thank you, Urban Decay, for making this amazing product--- that actually does what it says it will.

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,

Veronika.