Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Open Letter: Jessica Simpson Brand Shoes

Dear Jessica Simpson/ Jessica Simpson Shoes,

I loved you, I supported you, I cried a little when Newlyweds was over (don't worry, I still have the entire DVD collection.)  I defended you when people called you a dumb blonde (because after all, if you were really dumb, you wouldn't have made yourself a multi-million dollar brand.)  I was even sad when they never released your workout video (how could you have deprived us of the opportunity to get your smokin' "Dukes of Hazzard" body?)

When you announced you were launching a clothing and accessories line, I was loyal to your brand and decided to try out your lovely pumps---the perfect shoe for the office.

I've purchased not one, not two, not three--- but FOUR pairs of heels from your line (oh, and a pair of boots too.)
Why don't I share with you the results of my purchases? Let's take a look
(shield yourself, it's ain't pretty!)


You can't see the damage on these boots---BUT that's because I returned them for a new pair when the back of my left boot ripped about 3 inches at the seam where the ankle is.  Thankfully, Nordstrom has an amazing return/exchange policy and I got a new pair...but I had worn them like 10 times when they ripped like that. Not acceptable.

 
 

and finally...........

After all this time, I could have just spent $300 on a pair of shoes that wouldn't look like the Jessica Simpson ones and that I could be enjoying to this day. It makes me so mad that I paid for shoes that never lasted longer than 6 months without ripping.  They even tend to rip in the same place.  I have no idea why I continued to buy from this brand when I saw what was happening to my shoes. The truth is, they are very comfortable (for heels) and that kept sucking me back in---But NO MORE.

I just can't recommend Jessica Simpson brand shoes anymore The proof is in the photos---they just don't last. In fact, I was talking to a colleague about the JS shoes and she mentioned that the last time she was at Dillard's in the shoe department, the guy helping her actually talked her out of getting JS shoes because they were such poor quality and he said "they won't even last you a year." Oh yes, wise Dillard's employee, you were spot on.

Have you had a horrible experience with Jessica Simpson brand shoes? 

My co-worker has the exact same black pair as me (the one with the leopard print on the inside) and hers also ripped in the EXACT SAME PLACE!
So I know it's not just my weirdo feet or something that are causing the damage.

Be warned, my friends. Save your money and buy something that will last longer than a year! I've learned my lesson. 

Feel free to post links to pretty black pumps that are office-appropriate (no huge platforms) and that are comfy!  I know I can always count on you ladies for recommendations :) I'd love to get a pair of black suede ones.

xoxo,

Veronika.