Blog Archive

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekend Shopping: Steve Madden & Sephora

Hello lovely ladies!  Today H and I went on a shopping trip where he lovingly accompanied me braved the malls for a shoe-shopping extravaganza (because after last week's Jessica Simpson shoe saga, you know I needed a new pair of simple black heels.)

It all began at DSW, where I couldn't find one shoe to try on.  We then proceeded to the Galleria where I visited Nordstrom, Macy's, Nine West and Steve Madden.

I found some heels I loved at Steve Madden, but they really hurt my toes and they didn't have a size up.  We were so exhausted by that point that we went to have lunch at Panera (which, btw, has the calories on the menu now, Thank God, I won't be ordering a lot of the stuff I used to anymore)  and after re-fueling, we decided to hit one last store---Dillard's.

I don't shop at Dillard's regularly because it's across the street from the Galleria mall and I hate re-parking, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I finally picked these lovely Steve Maddens up, which were nearly identical to the ones I tried on in the actual store. I really wanted suede heels that were high, but not the kind where you could see the platform and definitely not the kind with the 7 inch heels.

Steve Madden Russhh Black Suede

I also discovered today that my feet are massive.  They really are.  I'm usually a 9 1/2 or a 10, and lately, most store's and brand's tens have been feeling quite snug.

These ones fit great and they are flattering on.  I did feel a pinch on my right pinky toe when I was wearing them, but I have an existing blister there (darn J. Crew jelly flats!)

Back to the Steve Madden store---I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these precious nude-colored bow flip flops and I knew I had to have them.

Hello Lover.
Do they look familiar to you?  If you recognize them, it's probably because you know that they're a replica of the Valentino bow flip flops that retail for $275.  Don't even get me started on that.  These Steve Madden versions can be yours for $40 and they also come in white, though I prefer the nude.
 I know you love my sweatpants and bow flip flops.
No, I did not wear those in public, I changed into sweats when I got home!

I know I'll love wearing these all spring and summer long! If they ever get them in black, I'll probably have to get those too.

The only other items I purchased today were from Sephora.  I finally bought Urban Decay Primer Potion (more on that later, because it deserves its own review, since God Himself must have created it) and I also bought a new cream blush product by UD called Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tint in the color "Quickie" which in real life looks like a shocking baby pink. I can't wait to try it on my cheeks!  It's supposed to go on sheer.

Did you go shopping today?  What did you buy? I felt encouraged because I saw more color coming into the stores this weekend and it appeared there were more dresses and skirts too.  Thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.