Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring Fever: New Sheets & Home Accents

Most of the ladies around the country can relate---it's FREEZING outside.  My deepest sympathies to everyone dealing with the awful snow outside right now. Ick!  I kind of hope the weather stays chilly for the weekend because H and I are continuing with our mission to organize the house and this weekend we're tacking the storage closet.

As some of you know, we would like to put our home on the market sometime this year.  I'm really working hard on refining our home, re-organizing, de-cluttering and donating things we no longer use.  In this market, it's so important to have a clean, organized home and it doesn't hurt if its got a little style either (gotta stand apart from the competition, right?)

My goal is to have very clean and spa-like bathrooms, warm and cozy bedrooms and a clean and modern kitchen/living room area. 

One change I've made recently is switching out my soap dispensers. It sounds like such a small thing (and it is) but it can make a big impact.

 (All from Bed, Bath and Beyond)

I think it just looks so much cleaner than a bottle of Dove dish soap. It's also a lot cheaper---we used to buy bath and body works soaps for all of our bathrooms and kitchen. I always buy them on sale, but it adds up.  I like the look of the clear soap- simple, clean, easy.

I decided I wanted to bring a little more brightness to our master bedroom, so when I saw this beautiful duvet cover and pillows on sale at Brocade Home, I had to have them for our bed:




I also got these nifty Euro shams from West Elm to go with the Brocade set
(I like to mix patterns in the same color family): 
Organic Carved Circles Sham


I can't wait for the duvet cover and pillows to arrive!  I really love the look of gray and yellow together.  Brocade also has this gorgeous purple set, but I decided we already have a ton or purple in our living room so it was nice to mix it up and make it a little "sunnier" in the bedroom.

I really look forward to sharing my continued home progress with you ladies!  I always find myself wanting to clean and redecorate as we near closer to spring!

xoxo,

Veronika.