Blog Archive

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rave Review: HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer

***This is a re-post of my review of the HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer. Some of you may know that blogger failed and crashed last week and everyone who posted Wednesday lost their posts.  Unfortunately, a lot of us were unable to have ours restored. I want to give a big thank-you to Natalia (http://nataliavalerieblog.blogspot.com/) for sending me the text from this entry so I didn't have to re-write it. You made my week!***

I have been ridiculously excited to write this review because when a product is awesome---and I mean really awesome, I want to shout from the heavens and let everyone know about it (so you can experience the awesomeness too!)

About a month ago, I was contacted by Misikko.com---they sell CHI flat irons and other brands as well as blow dryers. I was actually familiar with their products---I won a blog contest a long time ago where I got one of their Hana flat irons (the baby pink one that I have).

Now, I'm going to preface this post by saying that I don't accept most products that are offered to me to review.  I really try to focus on only reviewing products that I either purchase on my own, or that I think my readers would be interested to know about.  Since I knew the Misikko brand and had been using their flatiron for over 6 months, I was comfortable reviewing the hairdryer since I felt familiar with the line and quality of the products.

The hairdryer I am reviewing is their brand new Italian Design Hair Dryer called the HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer.

The dryer came beautifully packaged with a bunch of extras---shampoo, styling products and styling tools galore!  Those additions were so sweet and very much appreciated---but what I actually enjoyed most was the hand-written note I got along with my package. Not many people take the time to do that these days and the note was very genuine and you could tell that the person who wrote the note read my blog.

One of my extra perks was a set of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny shampoo and conditioner (conditioner pictured below). I really like it and have been using it for a few weeks now:



Here are my thoughts (more like raves!) on the hair dryer:

  • Beautiful, sleek design---okay, so how pretty things are doesn't matter if they don't work---but when something is pretty and works great, then that my friend, is a bonus
  •  
  • It's easy to hold---it's not too heavy and it fits well in my hand

  • It's SO  powerful---here's where it gets good ladies---this thing is like nothing I've ever experienced in a hair dryer. I can only describe it as "turbo power." This hair dryer has an incredibly powerful force to it---you can feel how strong the air is that's coming out of it...which brings me to...
     
  • Faster drying time---because of its power, my hair dries faster than before

  • No overheating/burning---my old hair dryer sometimes felt like it got too hot and I'd sometimes smell burning hair---that has never happened with this hair dryer---it gets hot, but not so blazingly hot that it scorches your scalp or hair.

  • The cord is SUPER long. There's nothing worse than a cord that's too short and this is the longest cord I've ever had on a hair tool and I absolutely love it. I watch the Today Show every morning and it's nice to be able to travel from my bathroom to my bedroom and be able to catch glimpses of the show as I'm drying my hair.

  • The COOL setting is fantastic. It's perfect for setting your style.

    The ONLY con I could find was that the buttons were a bit confusing to figure out at first (thought admittedly, I didn't read the instruction manual, I just assumed what each button was for)  Basically there are 3 sets of buttons---the bottom one is for heat levels (red), the middle (blue) is for power level and the circle button at the top is the toggle between hot and cold.


    My hair after a blow-out with the HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer.

xoxo,


Veronika.


PS- if you have any questions about the hairdryer I am happy to answer them! Please send them to my formspring page or comment below!

FTC Disclaimer: I was sent this hairdryer by Misikko for consideration.  My review is based on my personal experience with the product and I am not being compensated to write it.