Blog Archive

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekend Shopping: Pre-Birthday Haul

I had THE BEST shopping trip today.  I think it's because it's one week before my birthday so I got lucky!

I'm just glad the rapture never happened, because now I'll be able to wear all of these clothes!  (totally being sarcastic here). Here's the damage:


But first things first. Here's what I wore for my little shopping trip (which was pretty short, I was a gal with a plan on this shopping excursion!)

Top- A'Gaci
Shorts- American Eagle boyfriend shorts
Sandals- Steve Madden
Nails- Essie "Mint Candy Apple"


I received several comments today from randomly sweet strangers today about my embroidered shirt from A'Gaci so I'm really glad I got it because it really is such a pretty piece. I know there are tons of shirts like this in various stores, but this one had embroidery that felt a little different.

Okay, let's begin with my pre-birthday haul. I'll start with my Sephora & MAC purchases:

Living Proof- Straight---This product is said to help straighten hair and keep it straight---you can also use it to refresh your style the next day.  It also helps protect against humidity, which I need here in Houston.  I will review once I've had a chance to try it out.


I used 500 of my Beauty Insider points to get this Ole Henriksen skincare kit. I don't usually use my points but this line is amazing and I can't wait to try these products. I've already used samples of the Invigorating Night Gel before, and it's amazing.




At MAC, I picked up a StudioFix Powder foundation since I am running low (my color is C3, for anyone wondering).


Next on my shopping excursion, was a stop at American Eagle where I got a cute, loose striped top and some white shorts.


I believe the shorts were originally $36.90 and they were on sale for $24.95 and I got an additional 15% off my purchase because it's my birthday month. Woot! The pink top was $24.50.

Next up, I got these very cute workout shorts at Lululemon. Now that it's hot out, I need to wear shorts to work out, it's way too gross outside to wear pants.  They are the Run Speed Shorts. FYI Houston gals: a new Lululemon store is now open in the Galleria---it's near Macy's and across from Club Monaco.




You can't tell in the photos, but the waistband is actually baby pink with teeny tiny white stripes.  So cute!  I love these so much! I got them in a size 6, for anyone wondering.


Next up is this amazing hat that I got for $12.50 and cute feather earrings that were $6.00, both from Charlotte Russe.  The hat is perfect for the beach or pool (I hate exposing my face to the sun for long periods and always wear a big floppy hat). For $12.50, I just couldn't resist!


Next up, I got this pretty-in-pink top at Hollister Co.  I know that store is totally for teenagers, but it was too cute to pass up. I saw it on fellow blogger Heidi's blog and she just looked so great in it that I had to get one for myself.  You can visit Heidi's blog "As the Foreste Grows" here. She has the cutest little girl! This top was on sale for $29.50:


If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I tweeted about THIS AMAZING TOP from Gilly Hicks Sydney a few days ago.  Well, after making my purchase at Hollister, the cashier hands me a coupon and says "this is valid for 20% off of your purchase at Gilly Hicks, today only." Perfect, I thought, I was just on my way over there to try on THE AMAZING TOP. Did they read my mind or what!?

This may seriously be my BEST and most favorite purchase so far this year.  It is SO pretty.  The 20% off didn't hurt either since it retailed for a steep $79.50. Behold:


I also got the sweet tank I'm wearing underneath it here.  It had a cool shape and was super-long, which I love. I got the tank in a large and the lacey top in a medium.



I am really excited to wear all of these lovely purchases! Finally, I leave you with Lulu. He got shaved down this week and he is obviously not very happy about it:

"where did my fuuurrr go mamma?"
Wishing everyone a very happy weekend! Let me know what you bought this weekend in the comments below! I tried to link all of my purchases in the text above, so if I'm missing something I probably couldn't find it online!

xoxo,

Veronika.