Blog Archive

Monday, May 16, 2011

Shopping: Target, Zara, MAC

I usually post these on weekends, but we were so busy cleaning on Saturday and I didn't feel great Sunday so I decided to post this during the week.

I picked up a few things last Thursday when I went to the Galleria mall and a few things are from my wonderful mother in law.

Let's start with my lovely gifts from my mother in law. I was sad because I couldn't find either item below at my Target in the sizes I needed, and she was nice enough to check her Target for me and sure enough, they had em':


I also have this Mossimo top in a dark turquoise color. It fits lovely, has a racer style back and I love the little buttons and front pocket. Perfect for tucking into a skirt or wearing with skinny jeans.


This little romper from Target was too cute to resist but it was sold out everywhere in the smaller sizes, including online. My MIL was able to snag the last size small for me. It's so pretty and feminine. I believe she got in on the clearance rack, so check your local Target and you may have the same luck!


Next up, I visited Zara.  I bought a sweater and a dress---and I think it's the dress I will wear for my birthday this year:


I think the green dress is simple and pretty. I may even wear it to a beach wedding I'm going to in the fall.  Not sure yet, by then I may find something I like even more.  I'm actually on the hunt for a dressy maxi dress to wear to the wedding---since it's on the beach I think it could be lovely and I could just wear flat sandals and no one would even see my feet!

I also picked up this darling cardigan. I have been on the hunt for a neutral, oatmeal-colored cardigan for a good 3 months now. I've even bought and returned two of them that didn't quite meet the mark. This one is a keeper. I wore it on Friday and I absolutely love it.  The button detailing really adds a little something extra!}


I also picked up one of my favorite glosses at MAC---it's called "underage" and I've been wearing it for several years now. It's the perfect pinky-nude. I back-to-MAC'd this one so it was FREE!


Lastly, I picked up a pretty top from A'Gaci.  That store is a huge hit or miss for me, but this time, it was a HIT. I tried on several very cute items there---if you have one by you, definitely pay a visit to the store because they have REALLY cute summer tops, dresses, rompers etc in right now.  I was really impressed.  The shirt I got is from a higher end line they carry (a little pricier than their regular clothes) and I'm such a sucker for these peasant-style tops so when I find one this pretty I just can't resist!


I have no idea why I'm making this ugly scowl face, but here it is on, sort of:


So, that's the end of my little spree!  Hope you have a great night!

xoxo,

Veronika.