Friday, December 24, 2010

Product Rave: Living Proof's "Full" Line

***We are still in Paris but I wrote this last week so the blog could be updated a bit while we were traveling!***

Product rave alert!  I was lucky enough to score one of the Today Show deals on the Living Proof line. I got three products from their FULL line all for $10 ($5 of that was shipping!)

I was excited to try this volume/thickening line because I remember being really disappointed in their frizz products (I had tried the frizz styling cream and didn't like the results.)


The best part about the shampoo and conditioner is that they are sulfate free. I started to use the Pureology line for that reason and was thrilled to discover that the Living Proof line was also free of sulfates---but this shampoo lathers like it does have sulfates which is awesome.  I find the Pureology shampoos take a little more effort to get a great lather going but the Living proof shampoo lathers very easily---I would have never thought it was sulfate free if I hadn't read the label.

One con of this product is that it has a weird lemon-peppery after-smell to it. I can't quite explain it...the products all have a lovely lemon scent...but there is this strange black pepper after-scent which mixes with the lemon.  I find the smell does stay in my hair after I've washed it (because the thickening lotion I apply on towel-dried hair has the same smell) but it fades significantly and it quite pleasant when hair is dry. But yes...the peppery thing is a bit odd.

I must say I love this line. The shampoo makes my hair feel super-clean and the thickening lotion is lovely.  I just enjoy the entire line and believe it adds volume to my hair.  I don't know that my hair is thicker when I use it, but the texture is nice and overall feels good---and because it's volumized, it probably looks thicker.  I've actually been using this line every time I wash my hair since I've gotten it.  I like it as much as or maybe even a tiny bit more than Pureology.  That could change over time---I'm a big believer in switching up shampoos every few months.

Have you tried anything from the Living Proof line?  Share your thoughts in the comments below!


xoxo,

Veronika.

FTC: I was not paid to review this product.  I bought this product with my own money because the Today Show had an awesome deal on it.