Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend Shopping: Hunter Boots, Nordstrom Rack, Sephora & Banana Republic

I'm sipping a cup of mint tea after a long day of shopping with my H.  We had an awesome day together---breakfast and lattes at Starbucks, shopping and then a late lunch/early dinner at Chuy's (a Mexican food place in our area.)

Our shopping began at Nordstrom Rack so I could use our $50 Groupon.

I got a dress by Andrew Marc.  I think it was originally about $148 and I got it for $49.  I really like the way it fits and it's great for work because it hits just above my knee.

I also picked up a black lace-trim slip by SPANX!  If you ever need SPANX, Nordstrom Rack is the way to go---the slip was just $33 there!

It's nice to wear shapewear under fitted skirts and dresses---it really smooths everything out. I also love the lace trim because I remember seeing Lauren Conrad having a black lace slip sticking out of a black dress she wore in her new style book.  I just thought it was such a cute look with a little vintage flair to it.

I never wore slips before this year---I needed to buy a nude one this past summer for some of my white dresses. I now feel that they are essential for certain skirts and dresses so I'm glad to own a black one.

Next, we went to OLD NAVY and I returned that gray fairisle print sweater that I bought a few weeks ago.  I thought it was very cute but I just never wore it so I felt like it was pointless for it to be sitting in my closet like that.

After those trips we headed to the Galleria mall.  Banana Republic was having a 25% off of everything sale so I picked up this adorable skirt.  It is SO flattering on.  It just sits like no other skirt I own.  It's from their heritage collection. I got a size 6 in this one---the 4 fit but was a bit snug---I would say to size up on this one---but it could just be my hips---if you're not hippy, stay with your regular size.
I know it doesn't look like much on the hanger---but I promise when you put it on it's just lovely!

Next up, I got another bottle of the Phyto Relaxing Balm at Sephora using my coupon. This is one of my HG hair products!

We also hit up Nordstrom where I returned a MAC blush I bought.  It's called "pink swoon" and it's apparently the blush Kim Kardashian uses.  Honestly, I didn't love it.  I think MAC blushes in general tend not to impress me. The only one I use/like is "Well Dressed."  I just find MAC blushes not to be that pigmented and the colors just seem to not work for me as much.  My favorite blush is definitely Bobbi Brown.

I don't know if I had mentioned this before, but I had to get a new pair of my Jessica Simpson boots because they had a rip in the back after wearing them less than 10 times.  Basically the back seam just ripped open.  Nordstrom was awesome and gave me a completely new pair. I wore them today to "break them in" again and let me tell you, that may have not been the best idea because my feet were killing me after a couple of hours

Luckily, I decided to try on the Hunter High Gloss Black Boots while I was at Nordstrom and I ended up loving them so much that I bought them---and wore them out of the store!  I am definitely going to bring these to Paris.  They are SO comfy.  I realized today that I didn't have any waterproof boots which is not good since it's so cold and snowy and wet sometimes in Europe.  So I took the plunge and got them.  It rains a lot in Houston so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of them.
and on me...
Remember ladies---you have to size down in these. I wear a 10 and had to get a 9 in these and they are perfect!  I think they are so cute!  I plan to wear big wooly socks with them to keep my feet warm.  When I was at Nordstrom I ended up chatting with another customer and she told me she just got back from Paris and it's really really cold there---she told me she actually wore her UGGS the entire time so I'm definitely going to bring mine!

Lastly, I picked up these Turbie Twist hair towels at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I heard they dry your hair way better than normal towels so I'm excited to try them---maybe it will cut down blow-drying time (I can only hope!)

Did you buy anything today?  Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.