Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Good Day In The Mail- Mini Book Haul & Other Thoughts


Don't you just love the days where you open your mailbox and you get the stuff you ordered online, your magazine subscriptions AND an awesome blog contest gift!?

That was my day today.

The most exciting part? My lovely blog contest prize from the beautiful Michelle over at Lipstick Rules (if you haven't already, go check out her blog, she's the lipstick guru of the blogosphere!)

Here's what I got:

I'm so very excited about the pretty colors in the Anabelle eyeshadow trio, the Lise Watier blusher and the MAC Volcanic Ash Exfolitor.  Michelle was sweet enough to throw in some extras too! Thank-you again :) Can't wait to try out all of these goodies!

I ordered a bunch of books from Amazon.com too!  First up, Tori Spelling's new book, "Uncharted Territori"


Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE Tori Spelling? I didn't care for her at all in her 90210 days, but for some reason I decided to read her first book, "Stori Telling" out of curiosity, and what followed was a love affair. 

I just cannot resist her. She is so cute, and funny and real. Judge away! I love her. I also think we have a lot in common...from her type-a, everything-has-to-be-perfect personality, to her obsession with home decor and other pretty things, to her turbulent relationship with her mother, I feel she is really relateable. I also love how she is with her kids (from what I've seen on the show) and how well she takes criticism. She never seems to lash out or act inappropriately.  I just like her, OK? (and you might too if you read her books!)

They are just too cute...and her's kid's names, "Liam" and "Stella"- perfection! Anyways, her newest release is waiting to be read...perfect for a pool day!

I also purchased the fertility bible "Taking Charge of Your Fertility."  I recently read in a magazine (maybe Glamour) that 90% of a woman's eggs die by the age of 30. THIRTY!?!? I'll admit that really freaked me out. I've always wanted to have my first child before the age of 30...but 90%? That's crazy! I just had no idea.  

Anyways, I'm a planner. I don't like surprises and I don't like to go into things uninformed. So I'm reading the fertility bible now, so I can understand how my body works. I've read reviews of the book- and it's not just for women who eventually want to have children. Every woman should read this book to better understand how their body works.

I also got the latest issue of SELF in the mail with gorgeous Anna Paquin on the cover (pic from JustJared.com)

How cute is that Betsey Johnson bikini!? I saw Jennifer Love Hewitt in it as well in the latest issue of US Weekly (which I also subscribe to...OK I subscribe to like 6 magazines)


I just love that bikini! Jennifer is looking fit and trim as well. Good for her!  OK, now back to Anna Paquin.  I just love her. I'm pretty much obsessed with True Blood now. My husband and I had never watched it before and then one weekend he saw it on our HBO on demand and we thought, what the heck, why not. We became so immersed in the show that we spent the next two weekends watching the entire first few seasons. Love.

BTW, you can check out Anna's workout here, or just admire her beauty, here. She's definitely unconventionally beautiful and doesn't have that Hollywood face look (a la Heidi Pratt, or even more recently the gorgeous Megan Fox, who looked better in her before photos, IMO.)

Share your summer reads with me below! 
xoxo,

Veronika.