Monday, June 21, 2010

Motivation Mondays, OOTD & Weekend Shopping


I know I haven't done a "Motivation Mondays" post in a long time, partly because well, I've been seriously lacking motivation.

It's a combination of things...stress, laziness, tiredness (probably a result of the stress.) I just haven't been feeling like my usual energetic, motivated self lately when it comes to working out.  I'm trying to get back on track...even if it's just one or two workouts a week, I've gotta start somewhere.

Wanting to start my week off with happy things, I painted my nails in one of my favorite colors, Essie's "Mint Candy Apple."  So bright, pretty and perfect for summer. I've actually noticed a lot of bloggers and YouTubers wearing this shade lately so I was inspired to "go green."
Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish 702 

Sometimes, the best inspiration (for me) to get my butt in gear is a good old visit to my celebrity photo folder on my computer.  These are some of its most recent images:


I recently read in US Magazine (I subscribe) that "The Hills" stat Kristin Cavallari said that the key to her slim figure is that she "has self control."  If only I had self control. I ate 5 SugarBaby's Cupcakes over the weekend.  FIVE. In less than 24 hours. By the way, they are amazing!!! Best buttercream icing ever!  


But seriously, 5 cupcakes is insane but I couldn't stop myself. They were just too good.  Oh well. The past is the past.  I've decided I'm going to start baking my own cupcakes anyways, because paying $3.00 or more for a cupcake is kind of atrocious (despite the sugary, butter-creamy goodness.)

I didn't blog over the weekend but I did end up doing a tiny bit more shopping on Saturday with my husband. It was his birthday and he wasn't feeling up to going out so we went to have lunch and while there we checked out a couple of stores at the mall.  

I picked up a few things:


I wanted to expand my gel liner collection and this pretty dark brown shimmery bronze-y color fit the bill.

I also picked up this ADORABLE (and surprisingly long- as in, just above the knee) ruffle-top dress from Target: ($17.99)

I got it in a pinkey-coral color. Super bright and perfect for summer to slip on anytime! It's marketed as a swim cover-up but I see many other possibilities for it because the length is good (though it doesn't look like it in this pic). I got a medium and recommend you size up on this one. You can BUY IT HERE.

Then, I got this pretty black ruffle tube dress at Express, on sale for $30. I was wearing my black ruffle-top dress from Marshalls so much that I had to get something similar because I literally wore that black dress every single weekend everywhere I went.  BUY IT HERE. (I got a size small)

It's the perfect dress to throw over a swimsuit, run errands over the weekend, summer BBQ...the possibilities are endless!

Speaking of the weekend, I sometimes get questions on my FORMSPRING PAGE (where you can ask me anything) about whether or not I every dress casually and if I can post some of my more casual outfits.  I usually don't think to take photos when I'm dressed down, but I remembered this weekend, so here is my Sunday OOTD:
Really simple. Leggings, flips flops, a long, loose tank and an open-faced cardigan.

...and speaking of outfits of the day...here's what I wore today ( I couldn't resist wearing my new white zebra skirt that I scored at LOFT on Friday!)
Top- Costa Blanca (in Canada)
Skirt- LOFT
Shoes- Michael Kors
Necklace- Forever 21

Hope all of you lovely ladies had a fabulous weekend, and here's to an amazing week!

xoxo,

Veronika.