Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Outfit of the Day & A Health & Fitness Confession

Today I wore my weekly all-black outfit. I wasn't feeling inspired this morning to throw together a colorful ensemble, so black it was.  I also incorporated my new J. Crew studded belt that I got on sale for $9.99:

Tee- Victoria's Secret
Cardigan- Charlotte Russe
Pencil Skirt- Banana Republic 
Shoes- Michael Kors
Belt- J. Crew
Necklace- Forever 21

Ok, now time for a health and fitness related confession. I seriously have not worked out in months and all I eat is sugar.

OK...the last part isn't 100% true. I eat normal and healthy food throughout the day, but when I get home from work I BINGE on sweets. "Moderation" is not a concept I've been understanding lately. In fact, as I type this I am eating Pepperidge Farm Creme Filled Pirouette Rolled Wafers (chocolate hazelnut.) CURSE THESE WAFERS! THEY ARE SO GOOD. I just have NO self control.  I even ate the wafers for dinner the other night..FOR DINNER!!!!!!! (who does that!?)

I don't know what is causing me to eat so much (especially sugar) but it's NOT good (no, I'm not pregnant). 

I also haven't been motivated to work out lately. The last workouts I did were the Bikram Yoga classes a month ago and since then I haven't done anything. I need to get back into the swing of things. I just got lazy and stopped making my health and fitness a priority. I'm less stressed when I work out, I feel better, I look better. Blah. 

Every.single.week. I tell myself "I'm going to start working out this week" and every single week I never get in that car to drive to the pilates studio and I never go to our guest room to do a workout video. I've even tried to convince myself to do the 20-minute "30 Day Shred" videos and I can't even get off my butt to do those.

I just feel horrible about this right now. I feel like I was SO on track and so fit before we went on our honeymoon. I was working out 3-4 days a week on average and I felt awesome. For me, it's not so much how I look, because I tend to maintain my weight within a few pounds regardless of how much I work out...it's how I FEEL. I just feel sluggish, tired, lazy, unmotivated. ICK. Not good.

Tell me lovely readers, what do you do to get out of a fitness rut? All advice appreciated. 

xoxo,

Veronika.