Saturday, June 5, 2010

Weekend Shoping: Things I Didn't Buy Today (& Some I Did)

Hello lovely ladies!  I went shopping today to pick up a bottle of OPI's "Alpine Snow" nail polish. I love the look of white opaque nails so I can't wait to try this formula (I already have "funny bunny" but it's too sheer.)

First, I'll show the things I got:

This pretty Love 21 floral print skirt from Forever21. I don't own a floral printed skirt so this one was fun...and at $17.50 I won't feel bad if I ever tire of it:

It's really cute for the summer. This is from their contemporary line so the sizes and lengths are a better fit.

I also got this bright, pretty coral colored ruffle top:
I don't own any garments in this color, so it's a nice addition to my wardrobe (I am really into brights and patterns lately...but my tried and true black is still my go-to when I am not feeling a splash of color in my daily ensemble.)

Then I got a necklace and a ring ($5.80 and $2.80 respectively):

The key ring was just a fun little purchase. Not sure how often I will wear it but I think the concept is cute.

Because I'm obsessed with the super-long v-neck Victoria's Secret PINK tees, I picked up this black and white one...you know, because a girl can never have enough cute tees:

...and I did in fact pick up the bottle of "Alpine Snow" which was one of the main reasons I went shopping:


Now I'm going to show you the things I didn't buy, for various reasons:

Number 1, this dress for Forever 21. I felt it was too big and just kind of overwhelmed my figure. It was a good length though, which I can't safely say for most of their dresses (ahem, Forever 21, time to throw some longer hemlines on your dresses!):



Then, there are these 3 dresses from Macy's.  The first two were super uncomfortable. I know. They are both  adorable and cute but for some reason they just felt super uncomfortable and stiff on. Gosh they're cute though (I think it was just over $100, all of them cost between $99-$130.)

Ugh I know. So cute. I have NO idea why it just didn't feel right on. Maybe I need to give these another shot and go and try them on with heels and a proper bra.

Both white dresses were by the brand Taylor, size 4.  The third dress was by Nine West. I loved it but the neckline bothered me. Why am I so picky? I didn't like that the dress had a collar.

 I found a BCBG generation dress that I tried on as well that was almost identical to the one above, without a collar but it was too short!  The search continues...

While shopping, I also picked up all of these soaps for our home. I love Bath and Body Works soaps, I have them in every bathroom of the house and also in our kitchen. I know this is going to sound super girly, but I love having pretty smelling soap everywhere because it makes me feel happy when I wash my hands. I know. I'm a weirdo.
Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, you can always Ask Me On Formspring.

I also wanted to mention that I did go and check out MAC's "To the Beach" line and I didn't buy a thing. The only product that really intrigued me was the "hipness" blush but I didn't love the formula when I swatched it. I was so excited about this line based on all of the rave blog and YouTube reviews but I think since I tend to stick to the same products over and over (I don't change my day to day look) that it's hard for me to get products I know I won't use more than a few times.

For some reason, Bobbi Brown's blushes just appeal to me more texture and application wise. I do own MAC blushes but I think I prefer Bobbi Brown.  I also liked the bright blue liner pencil from To the Beach but I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it so I decided to pass.

xoxo,

Veronika.