Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Product Rave: L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray & Outfit of the Day


It's HOT in Houston. The weather man predicted that there will be record-breaking highs this week.  Thank goodness for air conditioning (even though it makes me freezing and thus I have to wear layers and bring sweaters everywhere I go.)

Today I opted for a top I haven't worn in awhile and a simple black skirt.




Ruffled top- Forever 21; Skirt- Target; Shoes- Aldo; Open-Faced Cardigan- Charlotte Russe

Now onto a product rave. L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray.  Most of you know that I am NOT a hairspray person...but I had to get something to hold Saturday's birthday curls in my hair and my best friend Candice recommended this product. 


Elnett is a cult favorite and became available in the US about two years ago, I believe.  I really love this hairspray. It feels light and it isn't sticky. You almost can't even feel it in your hair, which is incredible.  It's a bit on the pricey side (I want to say I paid $14.99 at Walgreens for mine)  but it's a really big bottle so I imagine if you don't use it daily, it would last for quite awhile (perfect for someone like me!)

I really think that Elnett is a wonderful hairspray for people who don't like hairspray..and while we're on the subject of hairspray, I am going to post the YouTube videos that feature my favorite "how to curl your hair" tutorials (I used Tiffany D's for my birthday look- though hers turned out my better than mine, I'm still learning.)


Another great tutorial for messy curls is by GlassSlipperBeauty:


I've decided I need to start curling my hair more often. One of the reasons why is because I love how it looks on the second and even third day.

I took a quick (bad) photo of my hair on Monday.  It hadn't been touched since Saturday night when I had initially styled it. I didn't even touch up the curls and I had slept on it for 2 nights and spent a day at the pool with it on Sunday.


I thought my hair looked pretty darn good for not having touched it for a couple of days. I believe I did use baby powder on the roots, but that's it. I just love curls as they get messier. I think I might try to curl my second day hair and see how I like it.  I really love wavy hair for the summer, it's easier to maintain than a perfect blowout, especially in this humidity! ick!

And before I go, thank you to all of the wonderful people in my life who gave me pretty birthday and anniversary cards. I love displaying them on a ledge where our dining table is :)


Do you like to curl your hair? Do you have any fave tutorials for hair styling? If so, post them below :)

xoxo,

Veronika.