Thursday, June 3, 2010

Should've Said No: La Roche Posay Acne Cream Review- My Skin is Peeling and Burning Off


This morning my email inbox greeted me with this:


Umm...what a coincidence since this was the exact product I was going to post about. I mentioned in a previous post that I had accidentally purchased the above product instead of my beloved La Roche Posay Targeted Breakout Corrector acne treatment (that I use preventatively if I feel a pimple coming on.) Note the differences:

The one on the left is my beloved "Targeted Breakout Corrector" and the one on the right is the enemy!

I purchased the new acne treatment last Friday. I decided to try it out on an area on my chin where I thought I might have a pimple thinking it was similar to the other formula. I was wrong. So very very wrong.

I knew something wasn't right when my skin was unusually red and splotchy the next morning, but I brushed it off. I didn't ever imagine it would get as bad as it is.

I continued to use the product and by Monday I had a large pimple develop. I squeezed it (I know, I know) and put this cream over it. Worst idea ever. Now my entire chin area (both left and right sides) is peeling so badly that even my makeup just peels right off throughout the day. I have slept with Eucerin Calming Cream slathered onto my skin and it's not getting better. (HELP!)

Here's what it looks like with makeup on: (gross, peeling)



This is after using my Clarisonic brush to try and slough off the dry, peeling skin (my skin hasn't looked this horrible in years! why oh why did I switch my routine?)


...and here's what my skin is like now, slathered with Eucerin (I am also peeling anywhere else the cream touched my skin:)

Sooo attractive, I know. My husband loves this look!  

I'm not really sure what else I can do to stop this peeling. I am using the richest cream I own but it just seems to continue to peel and be super dry every day. If anyone has any tips, please for the love of God tell me! (I might try Aquaphor next- let me know if you think that might help!)

Before I go on, I want to say I LOVE LA ROCHE POSAY PRODUCTS! Their face wash, sunscreen and the other acne treatment I use are my HOLY GRAIL products, but this one is just too strong for my sensitive skin and didn't work for me.  Like completely destroyed my skin (thank God I only used in in my chin area.)  I do love everything else from their line that I've tried, so this is NOT a product-bashing post, just a warning.
 
I wanted to warn you ladies because I talked about the product when I bought it and I don't want anyone else with sensitive skin to go out and get it and hurt their skin like I have (and yes, it actually hurts from being so dry, peeling and cracking.)  

In other news, I had an event last night and I wore my tried and true Club Monaco Dress:


and here's some shots of Candice and I at the actual event (thank goodness the lighting in these pics is hiding the peeling!)


funny how in the darker photo our hair looks completely different (darker):


Thank you so much for reading!  Have you ever used a product that messed up your skin or hair? Let me know in the comments below...

xoxo,
Veronika.